COMPLETED - Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap - Round 2

Definitely using this trick!

2 Likes

I did the same thing @MistressJennie! I wrote the 4 names with their likes and dislikes and shopped my fabrics from that!

5 Likes

I love this group because we “shop” our own stash…ha ha ha

Looks like we all have personal fabric shoppers selecting fabrics just for us…YAY!

4 Likes

I have a swap I need to finish before I can think about shopping my stash. Except for @AIMR, because I’m going to double up our swapping and put her squares in her affirmations package!

My partners are pretty easy - their likes are my likes, so I’m just going to put together some fabrics I like and then double check I didn’t miss an absolute dislike before I send off. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, I think I will double up as well!

4 Likes

Since I sent out yesterday/today… Here’s the GALLERY!

4 Likes

D’oh! Wouldn’t you know, the day after I hand write out all the envelopes, a package of return address labels arrived… And I had a chance to go to a near-ish-by quilt shop in Mahomet today, where I picked up 2 batik fat quarters. The day after I shipped out. LOL

4 Likes

I have pulled out all my scraps and started cutting. I realized that my scrap basket was relatively empty after three scrap quilts, so I got out my FQs, too.

3 Likes

I had recently reorganized my scraps, so i was able to complete my selections yesterday. Im planning to write notes and package tonight.

3 Likes

We’re camping until Monday. The only fabric I’m thinking about is this snuggly duvet we cuddled up under last night. Rob’s making coffee, I’m playing the roll of toasty cinnamon bun. I never want to leave this bed!

6 Likes

Sounds wonderful.

2 Likes

Same. @Magpie is, by far, the hardest person to swap with…I could only send about half of what I wanted to. :joy:

3 Likes

Noooooooo!!! Ack, my fiber grubbing heart just cracked in two :broken_heart:

3 Likes

No worries, your (and everyone else’s) envelope is still going to be stuffed full.

3 Likes

All packed up, ready to go!

But it’s Thanksgiving weekend so no posties til Tuesday.

8 Likes

I’ve got everything ready to send out, too. It’ll probably go out Monday.

2 Likes

I put my envelopes in the mailbox to be taken this morning. I hope everyone likes the fabrics I chose. This was oddly kind of stressful picking out fabrics.

4 Likes

No mail today…Indigenous People’s Day…

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll be in the sending close to the deadline crowd as I haven’t started looking through my scraps yet and my sewing area shares a space with my husband’s WFH area.

5 Likes

My scraps are all assembled and I’ll be posting tomorrow!

I’m headed to New Orleans for work Weds-Fri, so I want this off my to-do list before I go.

5 Likes