Magpie
(Weird is my super power ๐จ๐ฆ )
October 31, 2021, 4:00pm
1
A friend and I got together to make scrappy fabric bead and I saw the below affirmation in her office so used our creations from that day to put this together for her:
The hanger is copper wire from the hardware store shaped and hammered to make it flat and strong.
Sometimes a positive affirmation is a bit sassy. I like that!
Made for my lovely partner in the most recent
Positive Affirmation swap .
After teaching the scrappy bead class here, I had a bowl full of samples to use for more projects.
Figuring out one way to attach them to a Teesha Moore style scrappy square.
And a different style using the fold as a long channel for hanging up the flag.
The front got words and was sent off to another swap partner, it hasnโt arrived yet so this is all Iโll show of it for now.
24 Likes
Abbeeroad
(Abbie - she/her)
October 31, 2021, 4:52pm
3
I love these! How genius to use your scrappy beads to hang flags!
1 Like
calluna
(โฐ๏ธ๐ฅ๐๐ช๏ธ๐๐๐๐๐ฟ๐พ)
October 31, 2021, 6:54pm
4
I was another lucky recipient of a magpie piece!!
I really love the hammered copper in contrast with the fabric bits. Thank youuu!
8 Likes
Edel
(๐ฎ๐ช)
October 31, 2021, 7:37pm
5
Oooohhhh these are fabulous. I love the use of the scrappy beads with the copper. Just perfect!
1 Like
bethntim
(Beth)
November 1, 2021, 1:41am
6
These are so awesome and amazing and a whole bunch of other words! Love them!
1 Like
Soooooo wonderful! They are such a wonderful mix of scrapiness (spellcheck suggests scrawniness, scratchiness, crispiness) and precision.
1 Like
Magpie
(Weird is my super power ๐จ๐ฆ )
November 1, 2021, 3:08pm
8
Ooh, spellcheck is a goof!
Thanks everybody . More of these are in the works for friends & also to abandon. Iโm really liking the hammered wire hangers & trying a few fun shapes. Thatโs so much easier than I imagined it to be & turns out pretty neat looking.
1 Like
endymion
(Pam ๐บ๐ธ (she/her))
November 1, 2021, 3:34pm
9
Love the hammered wires! And it is the perfect use for the scrappy beads. Very cool!
1 Like
kayrun
November 1, 2021, 4:10pm
10
love, love, LOVE!!
thanks for sharing how you did this โ I will be better prepared for the next positive affirmation swap
1 Like
kittykill
(Eat the Marshmallow ~me)
November 3, 2021, 12:25pm
12
Congrats! Your Scrappy Bead Affirmation Flags are one of this weekโs featured projects.
2 Likes
These are so beautiful and inspirational. Thank you for sharing them.
1 Like