Scrappy pouch with fabric origami butterfly

I sent this to @Raury in a previous swap. It was my first, and last, attempt at folding a fabric origami butterfly. I think it turned out ok, it sounded so much easier than it was!

It’s got a pin sewn to the back so it can be removed and worn if wanted.

Pretty in pink!

15 Likes

Pretty, pretty pouch!!! The little strips of fabric are so cute and the butterfly is marvelous!

2 Likes

Nicely done. Adding a pin was a nice touch. Did you not enjoy the process of fabric origami?

1 Like

It was so tricky and fiddly. And, you know what? It was difficult to find really great instructions. A video tutorial would have been best I think. Maybe there is one now but when I tried to figure it out it was next to impossible to search up anything other than pins that led to spam sites. I guess that added to my frustration with the project :smile:
All’s well that ends well though.

1 Like

These colors are so calming! I love mauve and cream!

And the origami butterfly turned out beautifully!

:metal:

1 Like

I love the colors you chose for this!

2 Likes

Your pouch is absolutely gorgeous. I have been wanting to make a fabric origami butterfly for a while. I think yours is beautiful. I often find things more difficult than it looks, so now, having heard your voice of experience, I may wait a while to try to make the butterfly. Still, this is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Exquisite pouch and details! I love the vintage look with the ecru lace and fabric combinations that you chose. The origami butterfly adds a sweet touch.

1 Like

Very cute, and I love that the butterfly is removable. A 2 in 1 win!

2 Likes

I recommend practicing with paper first to get a feel for the folds. I am going to do that because @Edel made some recently and said she didn’t find them too difficult. I think maybe I just need some more practice.

Excellent idea. I will keep that in mind. Thank you for the tip.

1 Like