Scrappy slow stitch fox mug rug & matching notebook cover

I made this mug rug & notebook cover for @mel in the IYP swap. We agreed on three themed items (the third is a purse that will be in another post). I chose a nature theme and incorporated the fox because it is her favorite animal. Everything came from stash, which is also extra fun!

26 Likes

Oooo! I really like these fabrics together and how they work with the stitches.

1 Like

What a cool, scrappy mug rug! I love the raw edges and the way you featured the fox in the center.

1 Like

Awesome way to make a notebook cover! I love the fox, especially.

1 Like

Great fabrics and awesome stitching!!!

1 Like

Really beautiful. I love the fox!

1 Like

Thank you, friends. Browns are usually the colors I least enjoy working with, but mel inspired me and I had a lot of fun putting these fabrics together.

1 Like

The fabrics & stitching are so fantastic. Love that little fox, and the mushroooomsss!

2 Likes

All of the other fabrics accent the featured fox…lovely combinations and stitching…and practical, too!

1 Like

I love how you framed the fox with both fabric and stitches!

1 Like

This is SO cute. I love the colors and patterns, and how everything goes so well together.

1 Like

That is so beautiful and so natural looking. I’m in awe of your slow stitching!!!

1 Like

Beautiful stitching! The fabric is cute too.

1 Like

:boom: Woohoo!! This fantastic project is featured this week! :boom:

2 Likes

You know your way around fabric and color choices, it looks cozy. I want a skirt made out of that to wear around in the fall with lots of that vine-looking stitch on the right side of the mug rug. You’re so good at scrappy sewing!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, a skirt would be amazing. You are brilliant!

1 Like

the mug rug is getting great use so far!! still trying to decide what to use that lovely book for!!

2 Likes

Yay! I am glad it is getting some love.

1 Like