Scrappy squares notecards

While most of (ok, ALL) the actual crafting for this project was done with fabric scraps, they are definitely greeting cards, so I’m putting them here. :slight_smile:

Made for the scrap queen herself, @Magpie, I had a serious existential crisis while making these for her. I started with a panel of fabric that I tacked a bunch of tiny scraps to. This is my go-to method for scrappy creations, so I just kind of started there. But then I had no idea what to do with the panel once it was done. It had a brief life as a fabric journal, but I wasn’t feeling it, so out came the rotary cutter!

A few snips and stitches later, these scrappy cards were born! I’m much happier with the scraps in this form. :sweat_smile:

Since Magpie is in Canada, I added English and French sentiments to the cards:

Thanks for looking!!

23 Likes

I was wondering what the project was that you cut up. The notecards turned out great! I would want to keep them and have a hard time using them :joy:

2 Likes

These are wonderful! And so perfect for Magpie!

2 Likes

I love love the mixed media aspect of this! Although now I’m also thinking about the paper scrap applications :thinking:. . .

2 Likes

You came up with a great way to use the panels. Happy, scrappy cards!

2 Likes

@photojenn - I cut up this one AND the flower, which was a wonky mug rug for a hot minute. LOL…I’m happy with where I landed, but getting there, yeesh.

@megwell - yes! Paper scraps would be great!

Thanks everyone! :smile:

2 Likes

These are so beautiful!!!

2 Likes

I love the stamping and words as a contrast against the colors which is a contrast against the kraft paper notecards. These are absolutely phenomenal! I love them so much.

2 Likes

Wow, what a great idea! And brilliantly executed! Might have to steal this one…

I bet @Magpie loved them!

2 Likes

I do love them! They’re hard to part with but I’m gluing magnets inside the cards so the recipient can cut around the patch & keep them as fridge magnets.

2 Likes

Smart!

1 Like

:thread: :scissors: :blue_heart: Congratulations! Your lovely scrappy notecards are a Featured Project this week! :blue_heart: :scissors: :thread:

2 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

Love the scrappiness! All the colors flow so well together. The stamping is perfect and the hand stitching add just the right personal touch.

3 Likes

I love these! The words on top do a great job of providing a focus point and pulling everything together. What a great way to maximize scrap usage!

2 Likes

These are gorgeous!! and that’s a genius idea to add magnets @Magpie!

1 Like