Scrappy Stash Busting Owl

This little guy came out just like I pictured in my head, which is always a win in my book!
I used up the leftover yarn and fiber filling from my other owl, mismatched coconut buttons I’ve had forever underneath a matching pair fancy Raku pottery buttons I got in a swap from @MistressJennie, and some cool bookshelf fabric I inherited several years ago from someone else’s ancient stash. I kind of love him. I have no idea what his future holds, he’s not a toy really (cuz, buttons) but he’s also not a curio cabinet kind of fella… for now he’s keeping the first owl company before she gets shipped off to her new home.

I’m pleased with my immature hand stitching on his wings:

And here’s a better look at the wing fabric:

I used old stash craft felt to plump up his wings a bit and give them some stiffness.

Thanks for looking!

25 Likes

He is a Character! Perfect stitching would take away from him.

1 Like

Well, this fellow is delightful!

1 Like

What a charmer! I love his mis-matched eyes and his wise-old-owl bookish wings.

1 Like

He’s adorable! You did a great job! And the buttons are beautiful, but I honestly have no memory of them. Are you sure I sent them? Maybe I’m just going senile…

1 Like

haha, well they do say “baby brain” is a thing. :slight_smile:

I feel like they were sent as an extra with the dragon shawl in the Madam Malkin swap. They are from a potter called MJ Wilkinson Pottery. But I could be wrong, it’s been a long time and my brain is creative. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the nice replies, everyone! I’m pretty pleased with him. And even more pleased that he’s my 3rd completed item of the new year and my intention to do a little crafting everyday has been maintained.

2 Likes

Cute!

1 Like

This is adorable :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Miniatures are the best in my opinion

1 Like

The body yarn looks so soft. I love the style and tone of him. The book fabric was perfect for the wings. Score on using stash!

2 Likes

What a wise ole owl you’ve got going there.

1 Like

Thank you!

Very cute. And yay for all stash!!

1 Like

Love this little guy!

1 Like

Thank you!

The button eyes are fabulous!

1 Like

Thanks!

Everything about this little critter is so perfect! The colors, the textures, the amazing mismatched wonky eyes just make for an adorable friend!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

:horse: YEEHAW! Your fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :cowboy_hat_face: