Scrappy Trip Around The World Throw

This blanket was made using yarn leftover from many other projects!

Blanket Pattern: Trip Around The World Throw, border: Tunisian Border video
Hook: J (6.0mm) tunisian crochet hook (you can use a regular crochet hook)
Yarn: 100+ different acrylic yarns, mostly worsted or aran weight (thinner yarns were held double), lots of Red Heart Super Saver

I started this blanket in 2017 to use up all the little balls of yarn I had leftover from other projects, and I kept adding to it as I finished more projects. 4.5 years & 100+ balls of yarn later, it ended up ~5.5 feet (~1.68 meters) square.

Some in-progress pictures:

Working on the border:

Weaving in all the ends:

22 Likes

The height of scrappy goodness! Love it!!

1 Like

This is sooo much fun!! I totally would have trapped the ends in as I went along instead of weaving in. I HATE all that sewing

1 Like

Scraptastic!

1 Like

I love Love LOVE IT!

1 Like

This is so cute and cheery! I bet it’s super cozy, too!

1 Like

Love it! Are all the yarns the same weight?

I don’t envy you the weaving, I did that for a blanket last year and have another one that will need it soon.

1 Like

This is so nice! It looks so coherent, not like it just is different left-overs! Great job on the blanket!

1 Like

Is there some reason I don’t know about to not weave in as you go? I catch those threads in the following stitches so there’s nothing left for weaving in. It doesn’t seem to make any visual difference in the end product so I’m wondering why it’s not just the thing for everybody…

1 Like

Thank you all! :smiley:

@mellybelly81 - The yarns are mostly worsted or aran (heavy worsted) weight, but there are some thinner yarns (dk & sport weight) that were held double.

@Magpie - I rarely crochet over my yarn ends. I usually wait a couple rows to tie my ends together, maybe in case I need to frog it back & redo it? (I’m not sure, it’s just habit now.) I leave them all until the end so I don’t have to interrupt my crocheting with weaving in ends - I’d usually rather do them all at once. And I like to weave in ends in multiple directions so they’re extra secure.

2 Likes

It’s amazing!

1 Like

Holy guacamole!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Scrappy Trip Around the World Throw is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

Wow. The colors make me so happy!

1 Like

It’s so colorful! What a great way to put all those leftovers to good use! I like the closeup shot, I didn’t realize there was so much texture in each square.

1 Like

So happy and beautiful.

1 Like