Scrappy vintage patches and buttons

I love this vintage fabric and wanted to feature the gorgeous late 70’s/early 80’s print, so I made buttons and patches for @Magpie for the fill a pouch swap. I also made this Minecraft? patch because I found that tiny scrap in a bag of fabric i recently received. It was too cute not to use.

22 Likes

I love them! They are SO WEIRD & AWESOME! Now I just need to figure out how to use them in something special. I have an idea…

2 Likes

Fun stuff!

When I hear vintage I always think 1920s to '50s. It makes me feel…um, old….when the item was popular when I was in high school.

News flash, steiconi! You gotta own the old. It’s not just a way to get senior Tuesday discounts.

7 Likes

I love them…so happy to look at them…

@Magpie – can’t wait to see what your creative brain does with them…don’t keep us on pins and needles too long! lol

3 Likes

You used these fabrics in the best way. It’s like they were made for these methods!

2 Likes

For sure. “Old” is only a descriptor of creatures “failing to die for a lot of years in a row”! We have plenty of other adjectives to judge things (negatively or positively) that have been around awhile that we can keep “old” just to describe longevity. I am working to reject and refuse any shame associated with the indicators that I am still alive after 5+ decades.

8 Likes

So retro adorable!

2 Likes

Super cute!

1 Like

These are adorable. I love how they are scrappy and really highlight the focus fabric.

1 Like

Oh I love that Minecraft one! Now I’ll be on the lookout for Minecraft fabric! :laughing:

1 Like

:thread: :sewing_needle: Congrats! Your scraptastic projects are one of this week’s featured projects! :sewing_needle: :thread:

1 Like

They’re all so sweet!

1 Like