Scrappy woven & embroidered pouch with vintage button

I made this pouch for @jemimah for the IYP swap. The button is from my vintage button hoard. I borrowed her photos because I always take terrible last minute pictures before I send.

19 Likes

Literally encrusted with stitchery, it’s just the greatest!

3 Likes

The colors are so rich and the stitching is amazing!

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind feedback @Magpie and @endymion. I was starting to think that some of my more recent pieces were bordering on overworked with stitching that is too dense. You two make me think that I am still OK and the dense stitching still creates an interesting look.

5 Likes

This is your unique style! Run with it.

3 Likes

MORE than OK! Your color-bomb stitch-explosion pieces are over-the-moon swoon-worthy! So, so, gorgeous!

2 Likes

Absolutely AMAZING! It’s like joy, in thread form.

2 Likes

I totally agree with @magpie…you have a recognizable signature style, so stick with it! You turn your passion of stitching into a truly art form…I absolutely love your scrappy stitching style!!!

2 Likes

Yep. I agree! This is beautiful work and so very you!

2 Likes

This is a beautiful piece and not only does the stitching show your style, but it makes the pouch sturdy - ready to be used forever!

2 Likes

Really fantastic! For all the reasons everyone has said!

2 Likes

Friends, you are all so kind. I really do appreciate your encouragement. Sometimes I just get in my own head too much.

3 Likes

This is FABULOUS!!! I love this! I totally want to do this but I doubt it will look nearly as cool.

1 Like

It is absolutely gorgeous!! and it feels wonderful too! I adore the luscious mix of colours and textured stitching. I hope you’ll keep doing more pieces in your magical style. I feel very lucky to have this one :sparkling_heart: thank you!

2 Likes

That color! That texture! This makes me so incredibly happy to look at. SOOOOOOOO pretty!

1 Like