Scratch-Board Beauties

So a while back my mother-in-law gave me these mini scratchboards to doodle with. I proceeded to “doodle.” however, I tend to get carried away when it comes to simple scribbling. So naturally, I decided that a super-detailed monarch butterfly would be a good way to start…

This immediately triggered an unstoppable flow of creative adrenaline. All of a sudden I was doing a hummingbird…

a sea turtle…

a golden (rainbow) retriever…

and a few birthday pictures for my sister-in-law…

I couldn’t stop! So then came a cool snake…

Some flower blossoms…

A tree…

And a cool looking rose…

I then wanted to do something really special so I did my best attempt the Savior…

Man… you get me started with doodling and you’re asking for it!

22 Likes

Your doodles are wonderful! Keep them coming…I love seeing them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, these are amazing!

1 Like

These :metal:! Of course, I’m partial to the hummingbird…

2 Likes

Impressive! I like the snake & the tree best, but it’s all good work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the snake!

1 Like

Wow! These are awesome!!!

1 Like

These are beautiful.
I especially love the hummingbird.

1 Like

These are great!

1 Like

I’m so glad you all like these so much!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Scratch-Board Beauties are one of this week’s featured projects. Way to rock it!

1 Like

These are super cool. I remember doing these in school. I would always dig too deep and make the background fuzzy. Ha! I love he butterfly and the dog the best but they are all incredible!

1 Like

Thanks! Haha yeah I kinda lucked out. Normally I press down real hard whenever I do anything involving an art utensil in my hand haha!

1 Like

WOW! You really have the knack for this!

1 Like

You took what I’ve always kind of considered a child’s art toy and turned it into something really special! I like how you did each picture in a different style. It’s kind of hard to choose a favorite!

2 Likes

Well thanks!! That means a lot:)

1 Like

I had a hard time deciding which one is my favourite, but I think it’s the rainbow retriever!

1 Like

Wow, that is an amazing collection!

So glad you did!! Keep going! :heart: