Seafoam Wrappuccino Shawlette

My local yarn shops do a shop crawl in late Spring called the West Michigan Yarn Quest. This year, the mystery knit-along to kick off the Quest was the Wrappuccino.

It called for just 100g of fingering weight yarn and is a beginner-friendly pattern. I used about 365 yards of each of these two yarns, held together: Cascade 220 Fingering in Sage and Mayflower Super Kid Silk in Feldspar.

19 Likes

I love the color, and it looks soooo soft!

1 Like

That is beginners?! :flushed: It looks so incredible and soft!

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you!

If you can increase, decrease, knit, purl, and slip a stitch…and, it’s basically just four rows. It’s not what I’d call a mindless knit, per se, but it wasn’t complicated.

3 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you! It really is soft. And, I tried (and succeeded) to match the color of my favorite blouse.

3 Likes

I’d seen this laid flat and couldn’t figure out how you’d wear it, I like the second view best.

1 Like

lovely!
added the pattern to my lengthy Favorites list
you did a great job

1 Like

Thank you!

This is gorgeous. I love this color and it looks so very soft.

3 Likes

My goodness this is pretty and so soft looking. The subtle, but not plain, texture really gets me, but the color! I just bought nail polish in this color yesterday!

2 Likes

Your knitting is so beautiful. Although you say the pattern was fairly simple, you used luxury yarns that made it very special. Love the different shape as well so that it can be worn a number of ways.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I’m in love with this color, too! The base yarn was a pale green, but I wanted mint. Luckily, I found mohair that was just about right.

It’s amazing how a bit of silk/mohair/alpaca can dress up a rustic or basic yarn. It makes it so soft and gives it a gorgeous sheen (alpaca has less of a halo, but that can be a good thing). The base yarn here is pretty rustic - it’s Peruvian Highland wool. I also have a cardigan on the needles, and the base yarn is Wool of the Andes (another Peruvian Highland wool). That one is paired with silk/alpaca (which is much more affordable than mohair). So many knitting vloggers I follow have been using similar pairings, and I thought I would give it a go.

3 Likes

I love the look of pairing yarns like this, but have been hesitant to try

1 Like

It was a little fuzzy, but not too much to wrangle. I was using a size 6 needle, so the gauge wasn’t terribly tight…I imagine that might make it fussier.

1 Like

Beautiful - the colour and the silk/mohair/alpaca blend gives it such a wonderful cozy look!

1 Like

I just want to reach out and touch this, it’s so pretty and looks so soft! The yarn quest sounds fun! Is it feasible to hit all the shops or does that require more of a ‘road trip’ across West Michigan?

1 Like

this yarn color is just so beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you!

I was able to get to four of the eight shops. The others were 45-90 minutes away from where I live, so it does make for a small road trip if you want to hit them all. There are people who made it to all of them, though - some did it in one day! The shops all have daily door prizes, and there’s drawings for prizes for those who made it to all the shops and to at least six shops. I was lucky enough to win two door prizes. There’s also a free pattern at each shop and 15% off all yarn. (I picked up a lot of yarn for Christmas presents!)

3 Likes