Seascape Mini Quilt

This was made for my other Little Good Things Partner, Raury, a fellow ocean-lover:

On the back there are rod pockets on each of the four corners; putting a rod across the bottom will keep it from curling up.

The sweet shells print of the back fabric:

14 Likes

This looks like a real time seascape view from someone’s deck. I like how the blues blend in layers, like waves rolling in. Those button shells are perfect. Clever idea to put rod pockets on all four corners, and your shell fabric is darling.

2 Likes

Thank you, Jeanne! The tiny, light colored shells are actually real, from a necklace I got in Hawaii.

Tiny%20shells

The dark one I had thought was real but on closer inspection am guessing it was cast from a real shell as it’s one of several in a package that are almost identical, meant to be used for jewelry as they each have a little hole drilled close to the edge.

Small%20shell

3 Likes

Love this.
Wish the sea around here was blue like that but it’s a bluey grey mist of the year.

2 Likes

This feels so serene! Just like gazing at the ocean!

3 Likes

This is truly lovely. The shells are the perfect touch, too!

2 Likes

Lovely piece…adding the little shells is a detail that makes it come alive!

Love how you also made the quilting curve and move up and down the waves of water and sand…beautiful.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing. Those shells from your necklace add real impact, and the larger dark shell looks real to me as well. You sacrificed your necklace for this beautiful mini quilt but can still enjoy it and the memories of Hawaii. Win-win!

1 Like

Oh, it’s so serene and beautiful!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! (and glad to see you’re getting a chance to post stuff! :grinning:)

2 Likes

It is even more beautiful in person :heartbeat: We are currently building a new house and I can not wait to hang it up.

4 Likes

This is so pretty and calming.

2 Likes

How lovely and peaceful!

Too gorgeous!! I love the waviness of the quilting

1 Like

I. just. love. this.

That’s all. :smiley:

Thank you all for your kind comments!

How exciting to be building your own home, and I’m delighted to know something I made will be part of its decor!

1 Like