Second attempt at Resin

Ok, I just got one of these round needle nose pliers and attempted my first loop on one of my mini flutes. I’ll attempt to use it on my next ones I make. Right now, though, I’m going to have to sand the resin ones I made, and attempt something different to fix the problems I have with these ones.

And here’s that bamboo piece worked on a bit.

Now I’m not easy on the eyes, heh, but here is the bamboo one as good as I could get it…Oddly enough, I think I like the bubbles in this one.

I think they look great even though you still struggle with resin (I know how difficult resin is), and I love the frame you use :smiley: Good luck

Ok, mental note to self, never, ever never, never ever never use stick glue (hot glue) to attach the pieces to paper. It smears like crazy while sanding, and I have to remove a looooot of material in order for it to come out smooth and shiny.

fun pendants!

I’ve been experimenting with resin lately, too. Here’s some stuff I’ve learned:
Warmth makes the resin thinner so bubbles escape. You can put the bottles in warm water for a while before measuring and mixing.
BBQ lighter pops surface bubbles. Cost $1.

Try using packing tape instead of gluing paper onto things.

Oddly, resin cures faster in warm weather. So if you want to slow the cure (perhaps to alter a semi-cured piece), chill it. If you’re in a hurry, keep it warmer. Though I don’t think baking it would be wise, it survived 110+ degree days here in Tucson.

1 Like