Seed Stitch Extravaganza - Hats and Headband

I went a little overboard with making hats this holiday season. :laughing:

All are this pattern, MS Slouchy from Woolly Wormhead.

Two were worked up using hand dyed, Superwash Merino Squish DK yarn from Big Sky Yarns. The pink is the February color of the month, Galentine, and the blue is the January color of the month, Winter Wonderland (out of stock).

The other two were mixed with either Lion Brand Heartland (purple) or Malabrigo Bobby Blue. These were my first attempts at color work!

As a bonus, I made my 13 year old niece a twisted headband using…seed stitch, haha.

Pattern is The Jane Headband.

Thanks for looking! :yarn:

22 Likes

They are all gorgeous! What kind of knitter does that much seed stitch?..er, nevermind…YOU!

Great job…love the mixed ones…the pink/rose one is my favorite!

2 Likes

I do love the seed stitch. Beautiful work and lovely yarn choices!

1 Like

Seed stitch has such a great texture, and the yarns are gorgeous!

1 Like

Wow, these are wonderful! Love the bright colors and that stitch is really cute.

1 Like

Bountiful coziness!

1 Like

Love the colors and that stitch is amazing. It looks like it would take forever!

2 Likes

These are amazing! I love how the Big Sky ones turned out. Also, love seeing you grow as a knitter.

2 Likes

Both @sheepBlue and @Abbeeroad have truly embraced their new skills…new knitters are fearless and just go for it…I love it!

5 Likes

Thank you everyone!! I found the stitch to actually be fun, though it is slower than some others…not the best idea when you’re under a holiday time crunch.

Oh @sheepBlue blows me out of the water, lol. She’s an inspiration to me for sure! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Aww, you all my inspiration to keep trying new things and conquering new skills. Also, bravo Abbie!! I love the look of seed stitch but mostly can’t be arsed with the constant knit purl knit purl of it all. The color work looks amazing too!

3 Likes

This is an awesome collection. Love the colours and the texture looks nice and cozy.

1 Like

I see nothing wrong with this amount, nothing overboard at all … I did a few more than this, most were donated to a Christmas charity though as I don’t have enough people to give them to.

1 Like

Gorgeous! Stitches & yarn choices both!

1 Like

Haha…I did make one more that wasn’t seed stitch (gasp) and isn’t in the post. After the 5th one I thought I should have done something different for everyone instead of…another hat! I think that’s part of why I ended up doing the headband.

I have a fair amount of purple yarn left. I should make another to donate! Thanks for reminding me of that option.

5 Likes