"Select a thumbnail" feature disabled?

There used to be a handy option for editing a post to choose which photo showed up as the thumbnail image, but it seems to have disappeared. I tried it on a recent post but was only given the option to change the title/category/tags. Has it gone away?

Obviously, I can just upload the photos in a different order, so itโ€™s not a critical issue by any stretch, but FWIW I really did love that feature. It let me write the posts with what felt like a natural flow and still have the finished project photo end up as the thumbnail image.

2 Likes

Isnโ€™t the first picture you select the thumbnail?

I select to upload up to 5 pics at a time and then just move the one I want as the thumbnail to the top. I am following to see what the answer is as I never used that feature!

The one at the top will be the thumbnail but sometime the photo-story makes more sense in a different order. Being able to choose the thumb would be good.

2 Likes

The first photo in the post is the default thumbnail, but there was a way to edit the post after the fact to select a different one. Thatโ€™s what I canโ€™t find anymore.

I think you could only do it after the post was up โ€“ or at least, if there was a way to do it while creating the post, I never found it.

1 Like

I didnโ€™t know about that feature, maybe @sweets4ever can help you.

I noticed it gone months doing FPs and mentuoned it in that thread, I think. Itโ€™s really helpful for Featured Projects. Some people have missed a chance because their 1st image is a before or progress shot or maybe just poor quality.

1 Like

Hmm, I did not purposely disable it, but it might have gotten ticked off during an update. Iโ€™ll check.

1 Like

Okies, found the issue. The component (the specific thumbnail theme viewer I use) was updated & removed the option in the code. I can install a sidecar plugin to repair the issue, though, yay. Iโ€™m not on my computer at the moment, but can do this soon.

1 Like

Thanks so much for checking this out, sweets!

1 Like

Of course. Sorry about it being missing!

2 Likes