Series of Art Cards

Inspired by an Art Journal page I had made, I decided to make a bunch of Art Cards.

They are single cards, made out of leftover pieces of sturdy card stock, might even be poster board, that we got for free from a local printer.

Materials I used: torn book pages, ecoline (ink), acrylic paint, stamping ink, fine liner and white paint pen.

I hope you like them.

Here’s a link to the Art Journal page I mentioned: Show us your Art Journal pages

13 Likes

@madebyBeaG those are Masterboards! Beautiful, wonderful, glorious Masterboards!

2 Likes

The colors are beautiful!

:metal:

1 Like

The bottom orange one looks so much like Halloween to me that I am imagining that I see little jack-o-lanterns peaking out at me. Its a cool effect! They are both very striking.

2 Likes

So colourful! I love the blue and green ones.

1 Like

@Magpie, hooray, I made my first Masterboards without realizing it!

@Gozer, I too thought of Halloween when I had combined those two colors.
I kept them neutral themed though, so that I can use them for Birthdays and general occasions.

Thanks for your compliments, everyone!

1 Like

How cool!

1 Like

We have another masterboard maker in the house!

1 Like

Thanks!

@Magpie & @Lynx, now you have me wondering weather the cards, which were finished cards as far as I was concerned, need more than just this β€˜background’. It would give them more variety.

They are lovely wee works of art on their own and it seems a shame to cover up any part of them but there really is something magical about using super luscious detailed backgrounds to enhance a bit of ATC whimsy.
Here are 2 examples from @Knickertwist’s blog that you might like.
Pretty in pink and Blue moon babies. Aren’t they gorgeous?

1 Like

Sooo pretty!!

1 Like

Lovely work!!

1 Like

Beautiful! I really love the blue & green ones! :heart:

1 Like

Those are my favorites too.

Really cool cards, love the different colour combinations :smiley: second one gives me Halloween feelings XD

1 Like