Sewing inspiration help

I have my god daughter’s 7th birthday on Saturday, but I’ve been putting off making something because I can’t decide what to make :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’ve tossed up between tote bag, bunting, cushion, zippered pouch…

Perhaps you could share some ideas with me to help me decide? Links to patterns would be greatly appreciated :blush:

These are the fabrics that I’d like to use:

4 Likes

I’d suggest a tote bag as most little girls like carrying things around or something like this Ruffled Pouch. I’ve never made it but it looks easy enough.

4 Likes

Drawstring backpacks/ drawstring duffle backpacks are quite popular with the kids in school here. Especially the ones with a leathery bottom.

3 Likes

Oooh that looks cute! Not too tricky either.

2 Likes

Or a reading heart pillow - if she’s a bookworm :bug:

2 Likes

That’s interesting! Do you rest your head on it, or the book? :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

The head :point_up:

You find the best fabrics!! Love the ideas presented so far. I found a cross-body purse pattern that might be a cute option too:

Good luck!

2 Likes

I would definitely make something she can show off those fabrics! I agree that some sort of tote bag or “grown up” purse would be suitable.

2 Likes

I love this pattern. It is SUPER easy (I leave off the piping) and free. It also shows off fabrics really well.

It’s not too big, it’s a great size. I’ve made it a dozen times.
5 Likes

This looks great! I love a good zippered pouch :stuck_out_tongue: I have everything I’d need to make it and I already have an idea about how to showcase the fabrics.

This pattern looks good too! I don’t have the hardware at home to make it, but I will definitely bookmark it for later :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love Blue Calla patterns. This one is perfect for kids. My 13 yo daughter loves this style

1 Like