Sewing Tree mini quilt

This is an Amy Bradley Designs pattern called a Holiday Sewing Tree but I wasn’t found of the happy holidays along the bottom so left it off. I also wanted to hang it year round.

The tree is appliqué, with many small pieces and lots of stitching. I tried to use colours that matched my own tools (green scissors, cream seam ripper, black/silver ruler)

My favourite part is the tomatoe pin cushion and pins …

21 Likes

The pin cushion is so awesome…and how fun that you customized it to match your own sewing stuff!

The border is fantastic as well…

1 Like

Soo good! I love the pins!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, those pins! What’s cute design. Nicely stitched!

2 Likes

I love how you customized it to fit your own stuff. I’ve been wondering what this turned out like! Very neat.

2 Likes

The button-headed pins are excellent! :green_heart:

2 Likes

I was wondering that myself :smiley: glad I finally got it done.

Thanks, that part took the longest.

1 Like

this is adorable!
quite and applique feat. the tiny button pin heads are so cute!

2 Likes

Love it! Great work!!

2 Likes

I like how you took a holiday item and turned it into an all year long item! Is this hand stitched or machine stitched? Either way, it’s very well done!

3 Likes

Machine stitched except for the buttons and a few places that needed tiny stitches to hold them down better.

2 Likes

Ah that’s so adorable! I love it!

2 Likes

:heart_decoration::thread::scissors::green_heart::thread::scissors::heart_decoration: HUGE love in a major way! This is adorable and no doubt took quite a bit of time and attention to detail. Darling!

1 Like

I love everything about this! The tiny pins on the pincushion are especially amazing. And, I love that it doesn’t scream holiday, so you can use it year round. And, I love that machine applique stitch! It’s so neat looking. I’ll have to see if my machine has it (and then practice a whole lot). I love the fabric you chose for the thimble, and it makes my heart happy to see that little ruler in there (it’s one of my favorite sewing tools).

2 Likes

I love seeing posts of your quilts! They are so fab and fun!

1 Like

Seeing the first picture I figured the image was a panel, but then reading your description and learning all the elements are individual hand-crafted appliques…woweekazowee! Fantastic work cutting and placing and stitching, and the personalization is a perfect finishing touch.

2 Likes

Aww, thanks :smiley:

I can see how you thought that but I assure you, they are all individual pieces … I traced, ironed, cut, and ironed each little piece :smiley:

1 Like

This is fabulous! Love the pins! Love that you made it your own, matching your own tools

1 Like

A wonderful quilt!
I love the sewing theme and how you adapted it to match your own sewing tools.

1 Like