Shabby Chic Birdhouse

Another little project I made for the Use What You Have Swap for my partner @grenouille78 , this little birdhouse has popsicle stick shingles, a stick I found in my yard for a perch, and a heavy HEAVY coat of polyurethane.

17 Likes

AMAZING! I love the flower on the back and the little dots around the roof :chefskiss: perfect!

3 Likes

Love it! Great in-progress shots, too. The paint job is lovely!

3 Likes

so sweet, hope a nice family moves in! And are good neighbors.

3 Likes

My 6 yr old was marveling over the Popsicle stick shingles just the other day! We love this little house and can’t wait to see who the inhabitants will be! :bird:

2 Likes

Very pretty! Any birds that move in are super lucky, they’ll have the fanciest house in town!

3 Likes

Thank you all! I’m worried because the opening is quite small, but i think a lucky finch or sparrow could make a home in it, potentially.

2 Likes

I’ll keep you posted next spring! We do have some teeny bird species around here, so there’s hope!

2 Likes

https://suncatcherstudio.com/birds/bird-house-hole-size/

There you go, get out the welcome wagon. And birdseed.

4 Likes

That turned out so pretty! Your painting is so delicate, I wish I could master that.

3 Likes

I love the popsicle stick shingles you added to the tiny birdhouse…makes it extra special!

2 Likes

How precious!

2 Likes

This is so darling and I love that it is so elegant and functional too.

1 Like

Oh, perfect! The hole is 1.25", so it looks like we’ve got a few potential customers! And she sent me birdseed, too. :smiley:

1 Like

I love birdhouses…this one is so charming with all the details!

1 Like

It’s really pretty!!! Nicy done!!!

1 Like

Nice!!