She couldn't keep her colors in the lines - mixed media collage

For the LGTs swap. The quote I got from my partners pinterest, I felt it paired well with this style collage. Painted and stenciled background, magazine clippings, gel pens and tosca paint pens, alcohol markers.

25 Likes

Amazing! I love your style :smiley:

2 Likes

As always, your colour scheme is bright and vibrant, it’s simply wonderful!

2 Likes

I love it

2 Likes

Fantastic! I love the colors and her expression.

1 Like

I truly, utterly, love this. Like. TRULY.

The colors. The execution. Although it is a little difficult to see the quote, in the end, I LOVE IT MORE, because of it’s undercover nature. Like a secret set out for all to see…but not everyone does.

THE COLORS! UGH. yes, i love love love this. I would love to see how you did this. (and yes, i’m going back to see who your partner was)

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

2 Likes

that’s the prettiest thing I’ve ever seen
Side note: I got in trouble in kindergarten for coloring outside the lines, I guess I’ve always been that way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bethntim umm, did you also get in trouble for coloring things colors they weren’t “supposed” to be? Why is the Rhino green? Rhino’s aren’t green. You will have to do it again. BLAH

3 Likes

This is pretty and cool.

1 Like

@JoyfulClover ABSOLUTELY! Grass was never green, the sun was never yellow, people faces were polka dot

3 Likes

@bethntim Polka people are the best kind of people!

1 Like

I love, love, love your use of color and texture.

1 Like

Stunning!

1 Like

Love this! So much coolness going on :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks incredible!! I love the way you layer your colours!

1 Like

I love her! I can’t tell if she’s wearing a turban or has orange hair - it’s neat either way! I also like how you did the uneven border.

1 Like

is the face from a magazine? What adhesive do you use that doesn’t wrinkle magazine page?
It looks great. love your bright colors.

1 Like

I gotta tell you a story about my friend whose kiddo came home from kindie with a note scrawled on his drawing that read “Color in ONE DIRECTION.”
At first she was just plain angry, like first who tells 4-5 year olds to color in only one direction? Second, written right on the front of the art work? You JERK!
She has an excellent and wicked sense of humour though, went online and found a colouring sheet of the band One Direction to print out for kid to color and sent it in to the teacher.

I cracked up laughing when she told me this story, like tears on face laughing so dang hard.

COLOUR HOWEVER YOU WANT, PEOPLE! Just do it!

3 Likes

In awe of this! So many things to look at, and the colors are beautiful!

Also, LOVE sending the stifling art teacher the One Direction page! Creativity defeats rigidity; hurrah!

That is hilarious! Buck the system!