Sheet pan pie

We needed another dessert for a birthday party for my Mom that was gaining Evite Yesses faster than our cake budget would allow so I offered to make a pie with frozen fruit my kids had changed their mind on. Two boxes of storebought pie crust later and this turned out to be the star of the dessert table! My Mom carried it around to show to tables of her friends, she was so excited about it (and it’s always fun to see your name on something, isn’t it?). Note, baking a sheet pan fruit pie makes for nasty oven spill cleanup (because it’s this pan that I usually use for catching the drips!).

21 Likes

OMG I want a sheet of blueberry pie with my name on it!

4 Likes

Looks delicious! Did you end up lining the oven with foil or anything like that to catch the drips?

1 Like

I didn’t realize how much would bubble out so I just ended up scraping it off afterwards and apologizing to the household for the next day’s pizza baking smoke. :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh man…. That looks good! Never would have thought to make a pie that way!

1 Like

Here’s a recipe for it and a fancier crust design that probably would have held the filling in a little better:

4 Likes

Yummy! Now I want a blueberry pie, and don’t care who’s name is on it!

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about you sharing that recipe. Is it excited or scared… scarxcited? I’m afraid to have a berry pie that big around me!

4 Likes

Excitervous?

2 Likes

Thanks for that recipe!!

2 Likes

What a clever way to make a lotta pie! It’s so cute that your mom was so proud of your efforts!

Yup, call me Sharon!

2 Likes

I am bookmarking this idea for future family get togethers! Everyone loves a berry pie with ice cream so this should make it good for our very large family dinners!

How special that you cut our a name…another great future idea!

2 Likes

what a cool idea!
so much fun for you mom, and I bet it was Yummy!!
and I’m joining the crew who said they want pie now!

1 Like

Ooo! This looks amazing! No wonder it was the star of the show!

1 Like

Congrats! This outstanding :star2: project is featured this week! :tada:

1 Like

Adding her name was such a fun extra! It looks scrumptious!

1 Like

Oooh nom! It looks amazing!

1 Like