Sherry Beef Noodles

1. 2 lbs beef roast sliced into 1x1.5 inch thin squares.
  2. 2 pkgs sliced mushrooms (or 2, 8oz cans of mushroom pieces)
  3. 1 c. Chopped onion
  4. 3 cloves of chopped garlic
  5. 2 Tbls. Better than Bouillon beef.
  6. 1 c. Sherry
  7. 2 c. water.
  8. 1/2 c. milk.

Lightly cover the beef with flour and fry til lightly browned. Add garlic and onion and continue frying just a little longer. Add water then the rest of the ingredients except the milk.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 2 to three hours.
Mix the milk with 1/4 cup flour, then pour into pan, and return to medium/high heat and bring to a boil.
After it thickens, remove from heat, salt and pepper to taste. Serve over extra wide egg noodles.

(harrumph! I think that’s a bit too much Sherry. It won’t be for a while before I can make this again. So until then add 1/2 c. Sherry and slowly add more until you think it’s enough).

A bowl with my garlic roll with mozarella

8 Likes

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Sounds good!

mmm sounds yummy…

It seems like you do a lot of cooking… I wish I did more! The recipe sounds yummy.

Well, since I don’t work, it gives me something to do, heh. Honestly, it is one of the few things I really enjoy (and am still somewhat physically capable of) , and if I couldn’t do it, I’m pretty sure I’d go insane. I’ve had to stop or slow down doing so many things that there’s not much I can do any more, so I want to do what I can while I can, heh.

1 Like