Shower Curtain from Tommy Bahama Fabric

My daughter loves plants, and fell in love with a shower curtain made from this fabric, but did not love the price ($100+).
shower 3

(This picture is the one I made. They had just moved in and she had not put all of her plants, or anything else, into the bathroom yet.)

I tracked down the fabric at a great price and sewed it for her.

It has one seam, which I matched. Meticulously.

I used regular buttonholes at the top rather than grommets.

21 Likes

That’s awesome! It looks great. I would love any curtains out of that fabric. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You really are a seam matching wizard. Great curtains!

1 Like

LOVELY! I have sewn a few shower curtains and it is so satisfying to a) have just what you want and b) save quite a bit over the cost of a store bought or designer fabric shower curtain. Your pattern matching is magical! I’m sure your daughter was delighted.

2 Likes

That seam matching is amazing!

2 Likes

That fabric is truly awesome! I bet your daughter was thrilled!

1 Like

That’s amazing fabric! The pattern matching is spectacular.

Is it treated fabric to make it suitable for a shower curtain or is an inner waterproof curtain used behind? Id love to make a shower curtain that matches my bathroom.

1 Like

Awesome shower curtain and saving money? YES, please! I want to know how you tracked down the fabric. Sounds like a very useful skill.

1 Like

It’s outdoor fabric, but it’s not waterproof. She has a liner inside.

2 Likes

@endymion Ebay, $6 a yard x 5 yards.

2 Likes

Thankyou!

1 Like

Love it! And that seam is ahhhhhhhhhhhh

2 Likes

This is the shower curtain I made for MY house. Also made with indoor/outdoor fabric and hung with a liner.

9 Likes

It looks great! I made curtains a few years ago with Tommy Bahama fabric. It is great fabric for projects like this.

1 Like

HEY-OH! Your fabulous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Wow this is brilliant! I love it.

1 Like

I don’t think non-sewers can appreciate how hard it can be to get a seam so perfect. I bow down! It looks absolutely amazing.

1 Like

Looks great! Nice vibe for the bathroom