COMPLETE : Miniature Make a Friend Swap S/U Jan 27 to Feb 6 SO March 15, 2021

I am the opposite. I LOVE Jeopardy. Useless knowledge is my jam. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I have never seen a full show of jeopardy, being in the UK, all I have seen is clips on other TV shows. As such have absolutely no idea who would/could do it well :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been thinking of my answer since I asked it. Iā€™m not a fan of Keenan, but Will Smith or Steve Harvey could be fun.

Pre-covid, where was your favorite place to vacation? Do you like to go to the same place again and again or different places each time?

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦Will Smith. I never would have thought of him, but I think I like the idea! He is smart and witty without being too crazy.

1 Like

I really want to explore more of my home state.

Then I want to go visit some of my fellow crafty peeps! Canada, east coast and even the pacific north west!

3 Likes

Itā€™s possible Iā€™d still be into in, but we became cord-cutters years ago, so nothing but Netflix and Amazon Prime neither of which carried much in the way of game shows until very recently. I get my useless knowledge fix from reddit instead. :wink:

1 Like

I love to camp in the mountains. Iā€™m happy going to the same spots repeatedly or finding new ones. I like city travel too, but in that case I prefer to go new places instead of the same ones.

1 Like

We have family in both France and Spain, so have travelled to both regularly and will do again as soon as we are allowed. This no longer feels like a proper vacation though, as we have seen and done all of the tourist ā€˜stuffā€™.

Italy and New Zealand are both high on my list of places to visit, but first on the list to book is back to Orlando, as Covid very rudely cut our last visit short and we didnā€™t get to ride Rise of the Resistance :frowning:

3 Likes

I get bored easily and there is just so much to see that I really donā€™t want to go to the same place twice (unless itā€™s to visit my family.) Luckily, my family lives all around the country so that when we do visit them, there is always lots of new things to do. My bucket wish list is to visit Machu Picchu and Africa!

I really would like to go back to Washington DC again. We stayed at the Cherry Hill Park in one of their pretty cabins and spent about 3 days exploring around the WH. There is so much there to see! If we go back, Iā€™d like to take some time and visit the beach about an hour away!

We travelled to a few different places pre-covid and enjoyed the variety. A few years ago we spent a few weeks in Port Douglas (north Queensland, Australia) and decided we wanted to be somewhere warmer without having to move to Australia. So we moved to a tourist town in the far north of Aotearoa/New Zealand. Itā€™s much warmer than where we used to live and we get to swim all summer - we may never travel again!

I think if we do travel in the future, it will be to big cities with lots of art and cool stuff - New York, London, Berlin are on my list.

2 Likes

i dont typically ā€œvacationā€ since my schedule is pretty opposite to most peoples and the husbeast and i have far different ideas (other than camping) as to what constitutes FUN (he wants florida and alaska is on The List for me)

i would like to go back to the rockies though. the last time my youngest daughter and i went out for one of my sister and her husbandā€™s wedding, but since it was right in the middle of my busiest season at work we could only stay four days. definitely NOT enough time to go walk up a mountain or anything more interesting than hanging out with family

1 Like

My ordered item appeared miraculously on my doorstep and I got started last night. It only took almost two weeks to travel from the middle of the country by pony express (Iā€™m sure thatā€™s how it works).

5 Likes

We may get a lot of rain this weekend, which makes me wonder:
what type of natural disaster do you think is the most scary?

Earthquakes. I hate them so much. We were in a tenth floor apartment for a biggish one in 2016 (Kaikoura), and I have never been so terrified, even though it was a strong, properly built building and I knew we would survive it. It knocked the fridge over (and lots of other furniture) and popped out the kitchen drawers and smashed so much stuff - the noise was unbelievable. You canā€™t predict them or run away from them - I was in a near-constant state of anxiety for months with the aftershocks.

Thereā€™s a lot of wonderful things about living in Aotearoa, but being on the Pacific Ring of Fire is not one of them ā€¦

2 Likes

I agree! I went through many earthquakes in Alaska and they still scare me. There is a ā€œparkā€ in Anchorage called Earthquake Park where you can see the unleveled ground from the 1964 earthquake. Any time I went there, I would sleep with my back to the wall for days! I remember a pretty big and long earthquake when I was in HS that had big aftershocks. Scary stuff!

2 Likes

For good or ill, Iā€™ve made it safely through a decent amount of natural disasters. I lived in CA during the '89 Loma Prieta quake which was intense and scary. I was in AZ in 2002 during the Rodeoā€“Chediski fire. I didnā€™t have to evacuate, but we had go bags packed for weeks and I worked with a lot of the evacuees. Iā€™ve been in 3 blizzards, a flood, and a bunch of power outages. I got to experience tornados living in ND. I was even in HI during a volcano eruption, though it was a very minor one so it doesnā€™t really count.
So on the one hand, Iā€™m unlucky to get so much practice, but on the other Iā€™m absurdly lucky to have never suffered very greatly from any of them.
Iā€™m by far the most scared of pandemics, and that was true before 2020!

3 Likes

Interesting enough, there was a 5.3 earthquake 8 miles from Anchorage today.

1 Like

@saintcady you are one lucky lady! Maybe you should play the lottery. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Lynx the nerdy science teacher in me would love to visit Earthquake Park. That earthquake has long fascinated me. As a midwesterner it is easy to see earthquakes as an abstraction. I have only experienced minor tremors. Iā€™m sure I would feel differently if I experienced a significant quake.

Catastrophic flooding scares me the most. I donā€™t know why. I live in tornado alley, far from high risk flooding areas. Maybe it is because scenes from Hurricane Katrina are still seared in my memory.

1 Like

Disasters aside. I finally received an item that was delayed in the mail and made progress today. Yay! I have 3 swaps and 2 personal projects in the works. Sounds like a normal dayā€¦right?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not having great luck at find a good website with good pictures since it is now more just something you visit when walking on the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail (very pretty!), but here is a little something with a short informative video on the park: Earthquake Park on alaska.org

Itā€™s funny you mentioned that because flooding was an abstract idea to me until we moved to Ohio. The area I live in floods and the road I live on can flood -although our house is safe.

Itā€™s funny how as a kid I had earthquake drills and my kids have tornado drills.

I find tornados fascinating, but many years ago when the derecho came through we experienced as close to a tornado as weā€™ve yet to experience and it was pretty scary. Since we live in a valley, we did not see the greens skies that others around us saw that night.

1 Like