A few years back I was collecting a bunch of pins to inspire silly bathroom signs and came upon this one which is clever, but not quite right for our household, but I had an idea to change it to fit us to a (TheMistress) T!
Given all the hubbub and furor all over the place these days about coronovirus and how people should handle it vs. how people are handling it, it seemed like the perfect time to put my change to use! I decided to go with embroidery and then decided to used a vintage linen towel from my stash.
I used 5 shades of green DMC floss (all from stash, not all labeled), 4 different fonts (made the pattern in Photoshop), and 3 different stitches (split-, back, and stem stitch). Well, 4 stitches if you count the single French knot!
It’s a family piece, but I don’t really know who had it originally. Sucha pretty chrysanthemum in the weave - it is nice to make it into something we’ll actually use instead of just having it folded in a storage bin.