Simple Purple Scarf

One of my coworkers in PA loves purple. I have been making her scarves for years. She wears the scarves a lot, so she asks for simple, washable and bulky type scarves.

The yarn is Carnival by Hobbii. It is washable acrylic. My only complaint is that whoever joins the colorways doesn’t do a great job, and I usually end up winding my own yarn balls so that the color changes are not so abrupt. I was about forty rows in when the color changed but I decided to keep on going, thinking it would blend…NOPE!

I ended up cutting the yarn and then just binding off the edge. I used the yarn I cut off to add to the other end to blend the colors better. It was a bit hairy because I was afraid I would drop a stitch and then get frustrated with it.

You can see the pale blue in the skein…right after that, it immediately went to dark blue…the contrast was not good.

Here it is finished with a more ombre effect. The pattern is one of my go-tos…slpwys, k1, p1 , *k2, p1, repeat from *. Continue this row until you get the length you want.

I know winter is almost over for her, but I am going to send it anyway so I won’t forget about it!

I have another skein that I will make her some matching fingerless mitts and a hat…those she will get in the fall.

15 Likes

Beautiful job matching the colours, it looks warm & squooshy!

That’s very nice of you, and the yarn is so pretty! I can’t tell there was any issue with the color match.

Your made skills really made this a wonderful scarf! The ombre is really pretty.

Thanks…she is really conservative when she dresses, so nothing too flashy…it is a nice easy boring knit to watch TV…

1 Like

It’s beautiful my friend.

1 Like

Very pretty. Love the ombré effect!

1 Like

Nice colour for a scarf.

I use Carnival, too, but only for hats so the abrupt colour change doesn’t bother me, it’s not as noticeable.

1 Like

Thanks!

Yes, I agree…in the round, it would definitely not bother me at all. I am thinking the same thing with the fingerless gloves…the shorter runs of colors would blend in and not be noticeable at all.

1 Like

Beautiful! The pattern may be simple, but the effect is anything but!

1 Like