Site Maintenance Updates (Ongoing)

To give far more geeky background, until this moment (i’ll let you tell me if mission is a success) we have been using the same server that hosts the sites code as the one that also stores all of the uploads. One box, less to deal with. Except our overall storage on that server is depleting so I needed to move to a much more vast (equally or more secure) storage server. I locked the security so tight that I actually didn’t allow our forum to upload to the new server :blush: So now I’ve let the forum server and the storage server be friends. Neigh, best friends!

9 Likes

I like that I asked so nicely, twice “please PLEASE!”

4 Likes

Hooray for best friends!!! :partying_face:

Thank you!

2 Likes

how much space do we have now?

12 Likes

Just did an update and I am working on a few things. Please give me a bit of grace as I put things back where they belong. :smile:

9 Likes

Still have a few more updates to work on for mobile versions. Might not be until tomorrow AM, though! Just a heads up, if you see something wonky. :smile:

2 Likes

Packing away the holiday decor. Pardon any momentary dust. The glitter gets everywhere.

6 Likes

It was really pretty!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of forum & site updates happening from now - Sunday. Please reply here, if you notice anything going bonkers! :heart:

8 Likes

So exciting!

1 Like

Thank you to the Admin for always making things better!

I’m waiting on a help desk ticket, and when I clicked over there today I couldn’t find the help desk either (which feels a bit Inception-y, haha). Is it back under construction?

P.s. my help desk ticket was about finding why I haven’t been getting email notifications, so please bear with me if I don’t see your response right away!

1 Like

@chameleonhound im tagging @sweets4ever so she can check things on her side.

Also have you checked your spam/junk folder?

I also stopped getting email notifications. I used to get emails anytime someone responded to a topic I’d created, when someone would tag me, whenever I got a pm, etc. I started getting fewer and fewer e-mail notifications, then one day, they all just stopped. It looks like the last email I received from lettuce craft was back in May. I’ve checked my spam folder at times when I would’ve gotten an email, but no luck. The emails just stopped coming.

2 Likes

Oh, repeatedly. I set up a filter in my gmail to “never send to spam”, but that didn’t solve it either, they just never get there in the first place.

Still getting this at the help desk link:

Maybe try creating a post about the email problem in the Site Feedback category? I’ve had success raising issues that way.

1 Like

So does the help desk not exist at all currently? I’m quite confused, but maybe I missed an announcement?

1 Like

That I don’t know. I’m not sure I’ve ever tried to access it, actually.

1 Like

I used the Help Desk in February (maybe I should say I attempted to use it) I got an automated email reply saying it had been received but nothing further. The email used to reply wasn’t a LC address and after investigation, I found out it was from a different site also owned by Sweets.

After waiting a week, I finally reached out to a mod who was able to assist me but she said some things can only be done by the site owner.

1 Like

I am pretty sure someone else has mentioned to me about no longer getting email notifications… a couple months ago, but they weren’t concerned about pursuing it further. I set my account up to not get email, so don’t have any first hand experience with this feature. @sweets4ever ?

1 Like