Skull Pillows

My kids want to have Halloween at home this year, so I am working on an adventure around the house for them. I needed something to give them as a reward, so I decided to make some skull pillows to give them. I will probably have them decorate the skulls with fabric markers for Dia de los Muertos as well (I do like them as plain skulls too, though. ) I used a thick white cotton for the main skull, black velvet for the eyes and nose, and stitched the mouth on the sewing machine. All the fabric was from my scrap pile, and I stuffed them with the innards of an old pillow that no one liked.

22 Likes

They look so nice and friendly!

2 Likes

These are so cool. Letting the kids create on them with washable markers is a great interactive craft too. Great idea!

3 Likes

Ohmigosh! These are adorable. And way to upcycle an old pillow that no one liked into two amazing little friends!

2 Likes

Oooh, I want skull pillows!
:skull: :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Creepy cute! And theyโ€™ll be extra cool if the kiddos go at them with fabric markers!

2 Likes

What a genius idea! They look great as they are. And would also look cool with decoration added.

1 Like

These are such an awesome idea!!!

1 Like

Thank you everyone!

Weโ€™ve decorated sugar skulls before, but aside from putting them on the ofrenda, we never know what to do with them. (Pure sugar.is too sweet to eat, even for my kids). I think the pillows will be a nice alternative that can be snuggled year round.

1 Like

these are great!
I like them either undecorated or with Dia de los Muertos designs!
and your background fabric makes the perfect pic!

1 Like

It sounds like you have a really fun Halloween planned!
These pillows came out great! I like your use of black velvet. It seems like you would get a deeper black with velvet, plus it will provide a fun textural contrast to the cotton. What a great Halloween reward. I hope you share more about your Halloween in-house adventure!

1 Like

Very, very cute!

1 Like

:fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: :sparkles: Yay! This fall-tastic project is featured this week! :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: :sparkles:

1 Like

They are awesome! My son had a T-shirt that he decorated with fabric markers and he really enjoyed it, so Iโ€™m sure your kiddos would as well. Even teens.
I really want to touch the velvet. I bet it has the best feel.
And you used stash!

3 Likes

Wow, I love these! I may have to copy you to make one for my daughter and one for my daughter in law!

1 Like

Please share pictures if you do!

1 Like

These are sensational. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like