Skyler's Quilt

This is for my niece’s newest baby boy, third in line. For so long there was only my grandson (now 14) for that generation, but then bam the babies started coming. We have 4 boys and 2 girls now in the great grand child category! And all the parents are in their 30’s (well, my son just turned 40, but he’s a big kid himself).

I finished the top in November and then put it away due to swaps, masks, holiday and birthday projects.

The main colors are navy, turquoise, and red/orange with a charm pack of animal prints plus some leftovers from previous baby quilts. I did a disappearing 9 patch for the first time. Wow, it was the easiest quilt ever! Though figuring out how many of navy centered and orange centered blocks was fun.

13 Likes

I really like bright colored baby quilts…they just seem so cheerful! Love the fabrics and the wonderful dark/light contrasts. Of course, a red binding in my eyes is always wonderful…and nice finish to the back as well!

I auditioned all three main colors and the red/orange was the one that spoke to me…then I miss cut and it ended up narrower than planned, which turned out to be the right move. I love happy mistakes.

2 Likes

How fun and bright! I’m sure this will be treasured for years and years.

1 Like

Absolutely adorable!

I like the bold colors and fabric. I especially love the back. I love a little accent piece on the back!

1 Like

Beautiful job. I love your color scheme.

What a treasure! Love the contrast of the vibrant colors!

I love the polkas!!!

Every time I see that second picture, I want to cuddle up under this quilt. It just looks so soft and snuggly!

Here are the other boys’ quilts. The first one was about 6 years ago. I like polkas!!!

Hudson's quilt back

And the girls

1 Like

Isn’t the last one the BOM we are doing for Jan 2021? It is so cute!!

Yes it is. I hadn’t noticed. It is on an angle which made it fun.

1 Like