Slithery Tissue Box Cover

I’ve been ogling all the super cool snake patterns on things like fancy wallpapers and trendy rugs for my living room, but my dear MIL is deathly afraid of snakes - I think even pictures of snakes - so I can’t really have those.

But I can have a tissue box cover on my bedside table. This snake print isn’t nearly as cool as the ones I’ve been coveting, but it was in my stash and ready to go when I got the notion to cover my middle-of-the-night-runny-nose tissues. I also had just enough of this embossed-looking print to do the top panel. I rubbed gold ink around all the edges.

TissueBoxSnakes02

I used the leftover ovals (leftovals!) to make a tag while I was at it.

21 Likes

Ssssssssuper!

1 Like

That is really cool. And I love the subtlety of the snakes, it’s the perfect amount

1 Like

Thanks, pals!

I bet there are people who don’t even think that the perfect amount of snakes is even a thing! :rofl:

1 Like

snort leftovals. haha

I love it. It looks fancy.

2 Likes

The perfect number of snakes is found in the shape of the ouroboros.

2 Likes

Very cool. It’s perfect. Very YOU.

2 Likes

Aww, thanks friends!

1 Like

Dude! Love it! What a cool idea. Your tissues are super fancy!

1 Like

HAHA! Thanks!

I love snakes! This is great!

I do get your MiLs phobia… I even see a pic of a lady bug or butterfly and I start itching so badly, I have scratched my skin off. It also makes me nauseated. So I do understand. It’s good that you have a place you can display your tissue box :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks! I used to be near-phobic of sharks until I was a young adult. I am pretty creeped out by centi- and millipedes, but not so much that I don’t have some fake ones in my Halloween decorations. Until recently I wanted no part of a horseshoe crab, but I’m starting to get passed it. NONETHELESS there will be no 'pedes or horseshoe crabs tissue boxes in my new future!

2 Likes

This is amazing!

1 Like