Slothy's year long Monthly quilts

Fishes from me get centre square?! Awesomesauce. It’s gorgeous.

1 Like

There are oodles of pinkk from that swap featured here!
The fish tied the pink and whites and the pink and black centre strips together perfectly :grinning:

1 Like

I am really going to enjoy seeing you do your monthly blues plus quilts! This one is stunning and bright! I remember that pattern from a swap years ago…it is wonderful!

2 Likes

It’s shocking to me how many of these quilts I’ve made. It may take me forever to cut one out. But thehy sew up so fast. :grin:

Next month’s pattern is a classic traditional that I’ve never made before.

2 Likes

What do you call the blue & yellow pattern, if it has a name? I need to look up the maths, I struggle to figure the numbers out on my own :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure if it has a name. I graph papered this one.

It scales up or down well too.

1 Like

Ok. I have graph paper. I’ll just have to sew accurate seams!

It is a simple block…a cross block…you can arrange the colors but the squares are all the same size.

You can cut the squares different sizes to make it bigger or smaller but they have to be square (or in another similar block, rectangles…)

1 Like

I saw something similar but actually our clever slothy’s done something a little different. It’s hard to see it but if you zoom in close what looks like a four patch of the same fabric is actually a solid square!

1 Like

For a 10" finished block.

Background
4 each 4.5x4.5
4 each 2.5x2.5

Plus
4 each 2.5x2.5
1cut 6.5x2.5

4 Likes

Oh yes! Totally awesome…lots less cutting! Clever and speedy!

1 Like

Thanks! Dble is 79×79 so I’d need 36 blocks total. Better get cutting… I think all the batiks. For our camper. Yay!

2 Likes

all brights? That’s gonna look fetch

1 Like

Got a lot of earthy tones in there, I’m gonne go light crosses like you did I think.

1 Like

I forget you can buy non bright batik. earthy tones with bright /light plusses would be great.

2 Likes

Pretty! Love the colors.

1 Like

Even the earthies are kinda bright.

I vote for blue & batiks next!

7 Likes

Wow; this os gorgeous!!!

If for whatever reason you go off these, you can send them my way. :grinning:

They look lovely :heart_eyes:

March! My original plan was to do a Double Irish Chain… In blue and green. But on reflection, this pattern needs a big block of solids and that’s not really the aim here. So.

I kept the green and just made this super simple three patch.

I was hoping to get out door pics today but the intermittent hail and snow says no.

11 Likes