Slow Cooker Roast - with recipe

(oops, forgot to take a photo before we ate, it was much fuller before supper)

We’ve made this recipe twice and have it tweaked to our personal taste.

Any roast will work, this time we used a boneless blade roast because it was on sale, it was 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg) First time we used a smaller one, just had more gravy than meat.

Season your roast with salt and pepper. In a large fry pan, sear it well on all sides then place into a large slow cooker.

Using the same fry pan, add …
1/4 cup (57 gr) butter
Lg onion, chopped
3 cups (150 gr) chopped carrots
1/4 jar of Pepperoncini peppers (125 ml or 4 oz) *
1 package Beef Stew mix
1 package Au Jus mix
1 package Ranch Dressing mix
15 oz (425 gr) can tomatoe sauce
1/2 can of water

Simmer for 5 minutes and pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 8 hours.

Before serving, use two forks to shred the beef, it will basically fall apart. We serve this over mashed potatoes.

*The first time we made this my hubby used the entire jar of peppers and it was very spicy, this time we made it with half the jar, which my hubby liked but I need it slightly milder so we decided the 1/4 jar will be best.

10 Likes

Looks so tasty for a cold, February dinner!

1 Like

Yum! I’ve made some shredded meat recipes before, but it seems like this one has a different flavor profile than the ones I’ve tried.

1 Like

Looks delish! This would definitely be fantastic over mashed potatoes!

I usually shred meat using my hand mixer. While the meat is still hot, it shreds like a dream.

2 Likes

I use my hand mixer to whip potatoes, now I’ll have to try it on this meat.

Man, I miss pot roast and this looks like a tasty version. Perfect for February!

1 Like

Pepperoncini! That is probably the key to the kick! I love spicy.

What is in Montreal Spice?

1 Like

Robin said the Montreal spice will make no difference to the taste, it’s a very minor part, I think I’ll just take it off the recipe.

1 Like

I grabbed screenshots from the manufacturer’s web sites …

Beef stew mix

Au Jus mix

Ranch dressing mix

1 Like

this looks yummy, and I’m always on the hunt for new recipes! Thanks so much :slight_smile:
Need to share with my mom! I think this is easy enough for my brother to throw together for dinner for them both~

2 Likes

Looks amazing, nomnomnom.

1 Like

I was also glad to see the ingredients in the mixes. We have to avoid many of them because of salt content (my husband has high blood pressure). I am sure I can modify it to be tasty…yum…I love simple but delicious meals I can make and give my husband a break from cooking all the meals!

1 Like