Slow Mo Guys Halloween Costume

My kids decided at the last minute that they wanted to be the “Slow Mo Guys” from you tube for their Halloween at home costumes this year. I made them each lab coats and one cardboard camera to share. They were happy and had a great day, despite just being at home this year, so I think it was a success. I’m extra proud of the lab coats because it was my first time sewing: french seams, sleeves, pockets, collars, and buttonholes and despite having to learn so much they turned out well.

6 Likes

Love it! Great costume choice, and you did it up right.

1 Like

Haha. This is great! Love their choice! Lab coats are harder than they seem. Yours look perfect!

1 Like

I’m impressed that’s your first time sewing!
nice job!

1 Like

You had a lot of things to tackle at once. They look fantastic!

Not my fist time sewing, but my first time sewing sleeves/collars/button holes. I usually stick to stuffies or bags, with an occasional dress up item for the kids (like a dinosaur tail or fairy wings). Nothing this complicated. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! We debated ripping a sleeve and writing “Gav” and “Dan” on the pockets, but I decided to leave them as plain lab coats so the kids can use them for other things. They do love all things science, so they are sure to get used in the kitchen “lab” or garage “workshop” as well.