Snails! A crochet pattern

This is really wonderful!! So kind of you to share your pattern!!!

2 Likes

@mellybelly81I just used scraps of worsted weight yarn (probably a lot of Red Heart!) for most of them, but you can use ANY weight (adjust hook as needed) as long as both the shell and snail are roughly the same!

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! This was the very first pattern I ever made up on my own, so so so many years ago! :smiley:

2 Likes

These are super cute. Great way to use yarn scraps. I’ve bookmarked the pattern!

1 Like

Ah those are so cute! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

1 Like

Suddenly, I’m seeing so many colorful snails in my future…

1 Like

I did it!

Well, the body anyhow. I will have to try again to follow your pattern for the shell, I winged that part because I have a hard time reading a pattern. Need more practice!

8 Likes

Followed the pattern to create this snail! A neighbour’s toddler likes to go around looking for snails so I made this and left it for him to find! Thanks for the pattern!

9 Likes

I don’t do anything with yarn, it’s my kryptonite, but this is absolutely adorable! I love seeing everyone’s creations that tried the pattern too.

1 Like

That’s so colorful and adorable! I think I’ll try making this little guy soon, once I find some time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AmethystArrow, I love it! I love how the bright shell contrasts with the snail body. Great color choices! And, welcome to Lettuce Craft!

1 Like

Oh man, I think I, too, am going to need an army of snails. I love how the variegated yarn makes such cool shells and I love-love the ripply snail foot and teeny feelers! Thank you for sharing the pattern!

1 Like

What happened to row13#alt: for the shell? do i just continue with row 13: or was there a typo

There’s no alternate for 13, since it’s just straight stitches - the alts are for bigger stitches (hdc, dc, etc) if you don’t want to do the “short rows”. :smiley:

I made my friend a big snail out of blanket yarn and I think I’m going to have to make one for myself because I cannot get over how cute it is!! thank you for this wonderful pattern :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Isn’t it great? The snail turns out so cute no matter what colours you use.

I’ve made several of these cuties for friends and family and everyone loves them! I feel a bit awkward asking, but are you comfortable with people making these to sell?

Sorry, I’ve been away a bit, but that’s fine! :smiley:

Awesome! I’ll make sure to credit you for the pattern :slight_smile:

Is it possible to do all of the shell with short rows instead of dc rounds?

I’ve not done it without any DC, but you can certainly try to expand the short row work and if you fine a better way feel free to share! I do prefer the short rows to the TC, though.