Snarky Animal Cards

I recently used up all the handmade cards I had on hand (how on earth did this happen? my bad), so I knew I’d need to restock somehow. I thought for 2 seconds about buying some store-made ones but honestly couldn’t bring myself to do it when I know I had blank cards and envelopes and am damn crafty. Even if papercrafting isn’t my go-to craft anymore.

I dug around my dwindling papercraft stash and found some collage sheets that I got a LONG time ago in some swap, featuring vintage style pictures of animals in clothes (love it). Those are practically a card by themselves. So I glued the images on…and it just felt unfinished.

Then I remembered all of the fun collage art I’ve seen juxtaposing vintage pictures with snarky sayings and knew I had to do it. Now I need to buy myself a label maker too - I just love the perfect lettering and the contrast of the shiny label on the matte paper.

Some are random sayings floating around the internet and some are actual quotes from historical figures or pop culture. Bonus points if you can pick those out!

30 Likes

These are all stellar!!! Love the messages!

Pretty great result for a “let me just whip out some cards so I’ll have a stockpile” situation!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh. You are my spirit animal! These cards are AMAZING!

1 Like

Gotta love a gal who used “juxtaposition”…

And, yes, the vintage images against the type faced wording is notable with just enough jarring…

I love the messages, although I have no mind to even recognize quotes…

Good rational thinking not to buy cards…horrors for a crafting person…buy cards? Noooooo

1 Like

Hahahalarious! :laughing:

1 Like

What fun cards! That heebie jeebie card made me laugh out loud :smile:. Those animals complement the sayings very nicely.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! It was fun coming up with quotes that matched the animal expressions. I think my fave is the winking deer. Such sass haha.

2 Likes

I. LOVE. THESE.

(Ugh wont let me post just that first line because it’s not a complete sentence. So here is some filler text. )

2 Likes

These cards are wonderful … there’s at least two I’d give my oldest DIL, she’d get them and love them :smiley:

1 Like

Add a smiley face or some other emoji and it will post

1 Like

Love these cards!

That would totally work on a card :joy::joy:

4 Likes

These are hysterical. My favorites are the taco and heebie jeebies ones.

I feel like I recognize the “we’re all stories” and “when we’re uncool” lines, so I’m saying those are (some of) the real ones.

I’d buy that card.

2 Likes

Ding ding! Those are a couple.

Tacos! Heebie jeebies!! Brilliant!
Love the images and the snark.

2 Likes

These are so fantastic! I can’t pick a favorite. Each time I think I have, I fall in love with another one too.

2 Likes

I love them all! Although my favorite is the one about the tacos.

1 Like

Love your brand of snarkiness! So much character in each of those cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are totally fun! Those images are fantastic and I never would have thought to use my label maker for them. Brilliant! And, I have to add that the “heebie jeebies” card made me actually laugh out loud!

1 Like

So fun!

I recognized Kahlo and the “Normality is a paved road…” but had to look up who said it.

I always thought “we are all stories” was from Dr. Who. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes Abby, you are brilliant! I meant to do the whole DW quote “We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.” but ran out of label tape LOL. Just the one line still works though.

2 Likes