Snowflake made with plastic hangers

I stumbled across a YouTube video showing how to make snowflakes using plastic hangers and knew I had to make one for our little home. It was from a year ago and the lady said ‘everyone is making them.’ Guess I missed when they were trendy.

The side of our home

Resting on the ground before my hubby hung it

33 Likes

This is so clever!

1 Like

Ooh, that’s clever! (tho, 8 pointed snowflakes… :upside_down_face:)

3 Likes

It’s an artificial snowflake so doesn’t have the same structure found in real snowlakes.

5 Likes

So festive and cheery!

1 Like

Its amazing how you can barely see that those are clothes hangers, if you hadn’t said it I probably wouldn’t have noticed at all. So cool!

3 Likes

I had to look hard to even see the hangers, it looks fancy and amazing! And so does your house, congrats to you :).

1 Like

Very clever and festive! Covers a lot of area as well!

Never would have known they were hangers…

1 Like

Thanks

It’s 36” and looked way larger on the ground then when we hung it.

1 Like

I love this!! It looks great on your house!

1 Like

It’s 2020, what can you do? I love how the hangers completely disappear visually, you have to know what they are and then really look. It looks great against the color of your house.

1 Like

I’m with you on that! I just gave my students a “non-snow day” assignment for after our snowstorm ends (we had to hold classes remotely), and part of it is to make a paper snowflake- only 6 pointed snowflakes are allowed!

But, I’m wondering if you could still use the hangers to make a 6-pointed snowflake if they were arranged differently?

It does look pretty cool, regardless, and it pops nicely against the color of your house @Cindy! My house is white so it wouldn’t show up, sadly. But maybe I could put one on the front door (do they make white plastic baby clothes hangers?).

2 Likes

That is so clever and is the perfect size for your house! I’d never guess it was hangers.

2 Likes

They do.

You could also do it with colored hangers and just call it a hex sign instead of a snowflake.

2 Likes

This is adorable and so clever! Thanks for sharing the idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It came out great! It stands out so well against your red house.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! How clever!

1 Like

So clever! :snowflake:

1 Like

Plastic hangers come in all colors. As to six points, it would depend on the angle of the hanger angles or on creative arranging. We are crafters, we can do it.

1 Like

Wait? What!!! Ok, this is genius! Great job!

1 Like