Snowman Christmas stocking

I have no idea how long I’ve had this stocking kit. I bought several different ones on sale after the holidays years ago. None of them had an intended recipient. So, I semi-completed all of them over the years, and then stuck them in a storage bag to “wait”. Well the wait was finally over for this one. Some of my in-laws adopted a baby recently on very short notice. All I needed was a week or so to finish up with the baby’s name and put it all together.

I used some denim for the back, a small piece of linen striped fabric for the loop, and an old sheet for the lining (all from stash).

22 Likes

This so cute and such a delightful reason to finish it up and give it a forever home!

3 Likes

Nice design but I especially like the white background and the snow-covered houses. Nice striped hanging loop too!

2 Likes

Sweet! You should enter it into the holiday challenge!

2 Likes

Thank you for the compliment, but I don’t feel like it’s a personal creation since it was a kit.

3 Likes

@TheMistressT @ArtsyLadyCrafter thanks. I’m glad it will have a home now.

2 Likes

It’s really nice! I love that you were able to complete it because you had everything in stash!

My project would have been the free ornament–it is adorable as well! :laughing:

2 Likes

Aw, this is so sweet! Well stitched!

2 Likes

It’s lovely. I’m sure your in-laws will be so thrilled with it for their new little bundle of joy!

2 Likes

it’s up to you of course, but you stitched it, you sewed it together and picked your own fabrics, too. I think that definitely counts as a personal creation. I mean, I knitted a sock from a pattern and I still submitted that :woman_shrugging: Of course, it’s really cool when projects are you own design from start to finish, but there’s no shame in using patterns or kits. We’ve all done it.

6 Likes

Oh this is sure to be a treasured heirloom!! What a wonderful gift to welcome someone to the family.

I agree with @Immaculata - kit or no, this is quite the stitching feat!

2 Likes

I was just going to add the heirloom comment. Its so sweet and detailed. It will be something she remembers as she gets older.

3 Likes

I love, love this!!

The story with it hits my heart in a very good way too, our oldest DIL is adopted and she was offered to her parents the day she was born. Then her and our son adopted their first child with 4 months notice.

I echo others who say you should enter this in the challenge.

5 Likes

:snowflake: :snowman: :heart: Congratulations! Your beautiful Snowman Christmas Stocking is a Featured Project this week! :heart: :snowman: :snowflake:

1 Like

Oh my stars! Thank you so much.

So beautifully done! And the story tugs at the heart strings, too. I cross stitched stockings for my hubby and kids years ago. My daughter, who would have been about 5 at the time, said that every stitch is a hug. I’ll never forget that. It still warms me when I recall how excited she was to get her stocking.

4 Likes

What a sweet thing for your daughter to say about her stocking.

1 Like

I agree! Perfect assessment from a little one who paid attention to all the work that went into it.

3 Likes

Beautiful work, truly a gift to treasure!

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment. :smiling_face:

1 Like