SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

And the machine makes it really fast! I hate knitting i-cord too.
I am impressed with her fast learning, but then she has lusted after a sock machine for almost 2 years and has watched every video she can. She subscribed to sock tv and is having fun.

5 Likes

Made a tiny pair of socks for my nephew, who is 2. :slight_smile: I hope they will be used and appreciated. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So cute!!

3 Likes

The โ€sockโ€ is growing. Iโ€™ve got quite a bit to knit before I start the heel preparations.

6 Likes

Sock 2 in progress

7 Likes

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

Itโ€™s time to vote in the All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

1 Like

Crochet people! I have a question. I love knitting more than crochet, but I also do some crochet. For my whole life Iโ€™ve always used the same set of crochet hooks - a set of plain metal crochet hooks in a nice case. Just the oldschool thin metal hooks in several sizes. I think this type of hook is one of the reasons crochet isnโ€™t really my thing as much as knitting, after a while my wrists start to hurt.

I organized a thing at work and got a โ‚ฌ50 gift voucher and I think a new set of more ergonomic crochet hooks would be a good investment. What kind of ergonomic hooks do you guys prefer? If anyone of you is lefthanded Iโ€™d be especially interested in hearing your opinion, because many โ€œergonomic gripโ€ thingies are designed for use by righthanded people and those of course donโ€™t work for me.

1 Like

I have these. They are slimmer and have flat places on both sides so they can be used left or right handed. They are also numbered and not lettered as I learned to crochet with numbers and can easily translate them to letters for American patterns.

Set I orderedโ€”$10!

3 Likes

My DWs knitting machine is amazing. It is a learning curve but I now have 3 1/2 pairs of socks. Very sweetโ€ฆwait, she just made a pair for herself and a pair for me.

This pair is from a personal swap with AIMR -

And now Rainbows!!! The socks at the top have been washed (hers), and the bottom pair needs washing (mine). Now I need to do laundry.

6 Likes

They all look comfy and terrific! Looks like you will be kept in socks for a bit!

She has mastered the knitting machine!

1 Like

I have the same set as @AIMR and they are good but I love these best of all.
Clover Soft Touch

Sock envy is a terrible thing to have.

2 Likes

Mastered yes, but with a lot of redoing along the way. But itโ€™s pretty fast. She can make a sock in an hour now, but Kitchener stitching the silly things is still a learning process, but getting better.

And she loves it!

4 Likes

This would make a lovely Christmas gift for her hard work and dedication!

Kitchener Mantra Mug

3 Likes

Thanks @Magpie and @AIMR ! I hadnโ€™t thought about numbers vs. letters, I was vaguely aware of that but Iโ€™ve never come across a pattern that used lettters. Both suggestions are also much more pleasing to the eye than the ones I currently have. Both look like they have very short shanks though, do they also work if you do lots of big stitches or are they better suited for single crochet stitches? Right now Iโ€™m working on a afghan that contains a lot of fillet crochet and lace patterns and there are lots of very large stitches in it.

1 Like

The shafts on mine are about 4 cmโ€ฆare your stitches larger than that? I mostly do treble crochet (double, in usa)โ€ฆIโ€™ve done popcorn stitches which leave about 5 stitches on the shank with plenty of roomโ€ฆ

2 Likes

Wow! They look amazing, so pretty and comfy too!

2 Likes

Probably not, they just seem short. I suppose I now have to start a new crochet project to figure out what kind of fancy hooks I need :laughing:

@marionberries those socks are gorgeous!! And an hour, thatโ€™s definitely much faster than handknitting. Kitchener stitch is always going to be a challenge (for me at least). I embroider, I knit, I hand sew, I crochet, youโ€™d think Iโ€™d be able to master a few simple stitches. But I need a youtube video and maybe three attempts every time before Iโ€™m satisfied with the results.

3 Likes

Iโ€™ve been hogging the Christmas thread for these, but here they are- my first real socks (not Santa stockings):

Kidletโ€™s are roughly a youth size 11 and husbandโ€™s are a menโ€™s size 11.5 (US terms)

8 Likes

Love the sparkly yarn you used!

2 Likes

Thanks! Itโ€™s from Hobbii.

2 Likes