SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

To stuff in his mouth? Better be big ones.

5 Likes

ha ha ha I would definitely use online patterns, such as the vanilla sock pattern, before investing in hardcover books. I have so many crafting books that I barely use because I lost interest or just wasn’t into it…mostly quilting books, but some knitting and crochet as well!

2 Likes

I kept very few crafting books when we moved into this house. A small selection of faves that are nice even just for reading through. I’ll knit some socks first before buying books though, what if I hate it?

3 Likes

A ton of knitters hate knitting socks because you really have to pay attention and count stitches and rows to make it sock-shaped. So it’s definitely something to try out first before investing in a book.

It does get easier over time though. The first sock is a real challenge but after a while it starts to make sense. Personally I can’t even remember what the last time was I knit something on two long needles. I’ve made two sweaters in my life and frogged both.

3 Likes

Finally starting lesson 2! :roll_eyes:

Edit to add. I just did 3 rows and stupidly did the cable twist twice. Undo and think about going back to making tiny (probably useless) baskets. Lol

8 Likes

Confession time:
I so over these socks.
The end.
Lol

4 Likes

Lolol. Oh no! I haven’t touched sock #2 since starting. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

ha ha ha I was hoping no one would post to this so I could pretend it was over…

Seriously, I am also finding it difficult to get that second sock started…maybe we could do a simple vanilla sock that is scrappy and short…

5 Likes

… And sized for a cat…

3 Likes

These are super tiny, but I think I still only made one :laughing:

5 Likes

Ha! Love it!

I had to take a sock break to work on a time-sensitive gift but I’m looking to get back to it by the end of this week. DH’s horrible, horrible semester of Stats is over so we’re all breathing a little easier around here and I have the brain for it again. (Horrible horrory horror that was.)

2 Likes

Am I the only one who actually finishes pairs of socks? :laughing:

7 Likes

lol yes…and they are fantastic!

2 Likes

Pro tip: only do vanilla socks :wink:

There’s one issue though. I’ve knit two pairs in the last two months, so I have two balls of leftover yarn now. I already had two other balls of leftovers in my knitting bag. They’re all too small for another pair of socks, and none of them look nice together. Should I wait until my stash is out of storage (two months or so) so I can match them to other leftover bits in my stash… or just buy new yarn?

2 Likes

Ohhhh i know what i want to say here… lol

4 Likes

Well, what projects do you want to do whilst things are in storage? If it’s socks, then buy new.

Also, storage - whilst it’s there, it kinda isn’t your stash :wink:

3 Likes

No, I’m nearly there…

But before this pair it’s been a while since I finished any socks. I lost my sock mojo for a bit.

6 Likes

I love these duck socks!

2 Likes

Hooray! Quackers!

3 Likes

Officially finished and posted:

Husband wanted me to add claws, but I can’t think of a good way to do it. They just need a good wash before going to their new home. My cousin is allergic to cats and there’s a non zero amount of cat in these quackers.

4 Likes