SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Did you end up frogging it?

For a personal swap, I’m looking at vegan sock yarns right now. I’d never really looked into that but I have now discovered a new favourite shop! I’m looking at their webshop now, they’re not exactly local, but it’s not too far away to visit, so maybe I’ll go there some time. They’re a yarn shop specialized in sock yarns! :heart: Didn’t even know that existed.

ETA: and I did a dumb thing. After several wears, this morning I figured out that one of the pairs of socks I knitted this spring is a lot shorter than the other. I guess for one sock I counted the rows for the ribbing and the leg seperately and for the other I just added them up. I have no idea why I didn’t see that while knitting, or while wearing it for the first couple of times :laughing:

4 Likes

These are the offenders. Now I know, I can see it in the picture, the right one is 16 rows shorter than the left one …

5 Likes

It sounds like it isnt too noticeable in feel or how it looks to another person so I would still call that a win- you can wear them, and have! :slightly_smiling_face:

I did not frog it. Yet. I also haven’t even looked at it in a month except to show a friend the yarn and how it stripes. But the momentum is so far gone I might just frog for a clean slate. I was using a digital pattern so i have no notes on where I was and what ever so it might be easier to get back to it from a fresh start. I just haven’t had the brainpower for them. Also they are for me so it is definitely easier to let them languish. That’s not wonderful, but it’s true.

Maybe November will surprise me with sock mojo. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I know my socks don’t stay up well and sort of bunch up anyway, so I would never notice if one was shorter than the other! They are DONE! If the feet fit, wear them with comfort and pride!

I am going to adopt your “simple sock, nice yarn” philosophy to see if I can get more socks done! I realized that this year is the first year that I have yet to make a pair of socks for me or anyone!!

5 Likes

I got some nice wool sock yarn in my yarn subscription. Rya sheep wool, so hopefully nice and strong without synthetics. The fibers are long, strong, and shiny.

However, I’m still knitting the pattern from the last package. But the socks are next I think.

3 Likes

Just a little reminder as we head into the holidays: please don’t forget LC this year! We enjoy this place for all the fun swaps, inspirational craftalongs, and incredible inspirations. We have formed some lasting and amazing friendships. And we have done it cost-free. Please think about giving to show your support and love for this great community! Let’s keep this Craftalong going for years to come!

1 Like

I cast-on socks for my FIL. I was waiting on sweater yarn to dry and needed a new WIP. Just vanilla socks with contrasting top, heel, and toe. But, the yarn is a red, white, and blue sock set…a 4th of July colorway from Nannette Wake Studio.

5 Likes

Nice colour!

1 Like

Thanks! Here’s the main yarn (far right):

I obviously bought all the options for this color way collection. :joy: A vlogger (Crazy Sock Lady) that I follow showed hers off on an episode, and it was too pretty to resist.

6 Likes

I’m only a tiny, tiny bit jealous!

1 Like

I was ambitious in my gift planning this year. :joy: I’m using about half a ball for myself.

2 Likes

I have made a pair of socks! They will be an xmas gift for my youngest brother, and Im so happy they are done. Now onto next xmas gift-socks…

7 Likes

Nice! What kind of yarn did you use?

2 Likes

Way to go! Love the color!

1 Like

I love the color! And they look so thick and cozy.

1 Like

@Immaculata Thank you! I have used a yarn called Raggi, by Järbo Garn (a thick swedish sockyarn)

@AIMR Thank you! See, I havent totally forgotten about socks :wink:

@tendstowardschaos Yes, they are pretty thick. Made on knitting needles 3,5 (for the cuff) and 4,5 (foot) mm. Work up pretty fast, and that is nice!

3 Likes

My DW has a sock knitting machine. It is so sweet.
Here’s her latest socks donated to our church craft fair. They sold like ice cream on a hot day!

7 Likes

Love the cheery colors!

These socks for FIL really need to be done by next weekend. :scream:

5 Likes

The time has come. Lol
I have to dig up my pattern and hope I remember where i left off. Both Kidlet and Himself were wearing theirs tonight so I really want to get mine done. It would be fun to get a pic of all 6 feet in Christmas socks.

6 Likes