SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Here’s where my sock1 stalled out but, good news, I have a weird stashbusting dishcloth nearly completed. :roll_eyes:
It’s been a tricky month here, not sure we’re still all rolling in chaotic good territory but hopefully getting back in balance by Spring.

8 Likes

Sometimes you just need a mindless project you can pick up/put down easily. You’re definitely not at a “mindless” place with that sock!

I might cast on sock #2 tomorrow. Hoping it’s a little more mindless this time but trying not to get cocky.

5 Likes

That is one beautifully knit sock…the colors are lovely and your knitting is so even.

I also have to have repetitive or “mindless” things on hand as well to rest my brain from a more complex project. I think that is true of a lot of things in life…tackle a small problem before going onto a bigger one, etc. Don’t stress out over it…they are socks! lol

4 Likes

I’ve just carried around the sock project today.

I did knit a lot on the many meetings today, but I have a mindless garter stitch Fluff!shawl for that. It’s just two rows repeating. The duck sock is not overly complicated, but I would definitely mess up the decreases if I tried.

5 Likes

Sock #2 has commenced!

6 Likes

excellent!!

2 Likes

I frogged some socks a while back because I used the wrong size of needles so they ended up too big. I had a stressful week so I’m going to cast on socks on the right size of needles.

7 Likes

Sock #1 is done!

7 Likes

Turned out beautifully! Love how that yarn patterns into such even stripes! Did the pattern come with the yarn?

2 Likes

Speedy!

2 Likes

This is my standard pattern, that I know by heart now, but originally came for free with some King Cole Zig-Zag yarn. This also happens to be King Cole Zig Zag yarn, it’s one of my favourite sock yarns. I do want to experiment with other sock patterns, but somehow I just end up knitting the same ones over and over again … I love working with self-striping sock yarn because otherwise it would be a bit boring to knit.

@Abbeeroad this is a very fast pattern, 90% of the pattern is simple knit stitches. Only the ribbing and the heel need a little bit of attention, but I’ve knitted so many socks that turning a heel isn’t really complicated anymore either. Plus I had a bit of time, I did all of my chores very fast this morning because I wanted to continue knitting. I think this is the first weekend of crafting since October/November, we’ve been so busy with the house renovation and I fell ill in between.

I got a call from my mum and one of the pairs I gifted her needs darning, so I’ll do that next time I visit her. I think that’s the frist time I’ve had to darn one of the pairs I gifted her. I think these socks can last for years and years if you just repair them in time. Eventually, after a few wears, the heel becomes sort of felted, and after that it’s basically indestructable (standard k1, sl1 pwise pattern).

2 Likes

My favorite heel is k1,sl1! It does make a very durable heel!

3 Likes

Wow you are fast! Wish we were neighbors, I’d beg you to work up some lingering Christmas Socks I have on the agenda lol

3 Likes

It would be great to have Lettuce neighbours!! I love sock knitting but I only know one person except for me who wears handknit socks, so I could knit socks for the whole street lol.

What really helps though, is that I worked overtime early in the week, so I could shut off my work laptop on Friday at 2.15pm, and after I finished some chores I could cast on at 3pm. Mr Imma is working this weekend, so all I have to do is a tiny amount of chores, plus knitting. There are no kids or pets that need my attention. Everytime I watch a friend’s kid, I’m amazed parents even find time to breathe, I have no idea how parents even find the time to start a project, let alone finish it.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s a nice one. I rarely knit a ”plain” heel flap. I’ve also tried alternating them for a ”eye of partridge” heel instead of the ribbed look.

3 Likes

Thanks! I wrote that down so I can try it…it is very lovely and would be good to add some interest!

2 Likes

Eye of partridge is a lovely stitch! I found a glossary of heels, toe up & cuff down included. There are so many options!

4 Likes

I love the glossary! I have done only about six different ones.

I have a flip sock book where you pick your cuff, your leg, and your heels and toes…the variations are endless!

2 Likes

Ooh, what’s it called? You know me, once I start a thing I have to do all of them, lol.

1 Like

Socka ala carte 2–toes up…she has a few others as well!

Amazon picture and description

2 Likes