Socks, socks, socks

I don’t usually post all the socks I knit because I don’t really knit anything special, just basic vanilla socks. But I knit Christmas socks last summer and two pairs of socks this winter:

23 Likes

These are great! Such fun yarns, I do love stripey socks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love self striping yarn, you never know what kind of sock you are going to get. I know some people spend a lot of time trying to make two socks that are exactly the same, but I kind of like the mismatched look.

2 Likes

Terrific socks! Imagine being such a knitter that these don’t seem like a big deal to you, wow. They sure are impressive to the rest of us!

6 Likes

I’m with you. Coordinating rather than matching exactly is more fun (and less pressure) for me.

2 Likes

These are wonderful! Love the colors.

1 Like

They’re fantastic! I like self-striping yarns, too… Keeps it interesting as you knit. There’s nothing wrong with Vanilla socks - they’re just about “the perfect sock.” All that stockinette is comfy.

4 Likes

Your socks are beautiful! Wish I could knit and make socks… They seem very special to me!

2 Likes

I like all these pairs, but especially the middle green/purple stripes!

1 Like

Vanilla? Girl, those are swirls in the very least! They look amazing. I hear that socks are hard, especially the heals, so kudos on these. I love a craft that is actually functional so this is extra cool.

2 Likes

They might seem vanilla to you, but you get TWO done! The striping yarns are my favorite as well…I prefer that handmade socks are not identical!

4 Likes

Handmade socks are one of those crafty items that I yearn for but will likely never learn to do. I can loom knit slipper socks but that’s where my skills begin and end in the sock department. So even “vanilla” socks wow me!!

1 Like

:rocket: Wow! This project is out of this world and one of this week’s featured projects! :rocket:

2 Likes