Soft and fuzzy polar bear

I found a cute pattern for a polar bear. I didn’t have the yarn used in the pattern, but I did have some Bernat Pipsqueak yarn on hand. I switched to an H hook and the pipsqueak yarn and ended up with this adorable bear.

Here it is without the cowl

Mine is only 7.5 inches tall, so it is a bit smaller than the 11 inches the original pattern states the finished bear will be. Because of that, I also had to make the cowl significantly smaller. In the end, I absolutely love it! The brown eyes I used for this project are some safety eyes @gozer sent along as extras in a swap we did earlier this year. They are perfect. Thank you, gozer, for sending the eyes!

Edited to add:
I made a second bear! I have named them Mistletoe and Holly :hearts:

27 Likes

Aww, what a cutie! :heart:

1 Like

He is adorable! Great job.

1 Like

That face! It’s so cute!

1 Like

That yarn was perfect for the project. Your bear is so sweet and so FUZZY! Thanks for sharing the pattern, too.

1 Like

this is the cutest! I’ve always wanted to work with pipsqueak, how was it seeing your stitches?

1 Like

Utterly adorable!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! Adorable!

1 Like

Cu u u u ute!

1 Like

I would’ve never guessed this bear to be made of yarn! You did a great job on him, he looks super soft and cuddly!

2 Likes

About as easy as using fun fur :joy:

You can’t really see your stitches, but you can feel them if you go slow. You also need to ALWAYS count, every single row, to make sure you didn’t miss any.

That said, I have a baby otter pattern I created with fun fur yarn. In it, you hold one strand of fun fur and one strand of normal worsted weight yarn together and it works very well. Allows you to see the stitches. I’m not sure how that would work with this pipsqueak yarn, but you could try!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

It is super soft and cuddly. I love it so much. I think I may make another one today :blush:

1 Like

I added two new photos to the original post. I made a second bear. It was too cute not to :blush:

1 Like

They are so cute! I love them.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Soft and Fuzzy Polar Bear is one of this week’s featured projects! You are awesome!

1 Like

So sweet and cuddly!

1 Like

They are so cute! Ugh, I hate working with fun fur yarn. I can never see what I’m doing.

1 Like