Soft Sour Dough Sandwich Bread

I’ve made some different sandwich bread loaves, but I have finally found my favorite. What’s even better, I think, is that the recipe makes 2 loaves at a time! Honestly, it was perfect, because my family ate an entire loaf in one day. It was just too good. And it was so soft and fluffy!!!

This recipe is definitely more labor intensive, but definitely worth it!

So I baked my loaves in glass loaf pans. They worked fine but I found they didn’t brown as much and also I made the mistake of letting them cool in the pan over night, and it made the bread a little soggy on the bottom due to the sweating in the dish. So, next time I will take them out more promptly. It was late and I was tired! Otherwise, the bake was perfect!

Here is the recipe:

9 Likes

Oooh, look at those gorgeous golden brown tops! I may be drooling a little! Warm bread, melty butter… delicious with all the homey feels!

Omg!! I want to try this. I was making breads for a while, even started a sourdough starter. Made some pretzels, chocolate chip cookies and a loaf with it but I want to try this now. Off to start a starter again :joy:

1 Like