"Sorry I'm a Libra"

I stitched this up for @wittychild in a recent personal swap since the zodiac swap didn’t take off. I struggled to find a pattern I liked for her sign, but when a saw a sticker with this sentiment on it, I knew I had to turn it into a hoop. Basically, I felt like her whole Q read like one long apology for her indecisiveness, so this immediately felt right. As I was stitching, she commented elsewhere that she loves typography, and I knew it was meant to be.

She listed bright colors as her favorites, ones that yell “pick me.” Yellow, pink, and teal seemed to fit the bill.

Here’s a close up of the stitching I stole from wittychild. The shadow is satin stitch, backstitch for the outline, and split stitch for the filling.

I failed to put a nice label on the back (I was seriously behind on getting this out the door), but used coordinating colors for finishing.

Thanks for looking!

20 Likes

That shadowing makes this whole hoop pop! I love the texture of your stitches and I really like how that teal outlines that pink.

1 Like

This looks great!

1 Like

I don’t think I could love this more - it’s so perfect for me. I really am indecisive! (And as a Canadian, “sorry” is probably one of my top ten most frequently used words, lol.)

Right? It makes everything pop without overwhelming the other colours.

4 Likes

Wowza, that stitching! Amaxing hoop (says this fellow Libra)

1 Like

Wow, gorgeous stitching! I have so much trouble with lettering. I should practice it more…

1 Like

Mr. Road helped me select the teal for the outline. I will have to tell him he steered me right. :smile:

Hahahaha! I love this!

Love the colors, and such impressive stitching!

1 Like

This is adorable. Beautifully stitched! (And I’m glad I’m not the only Libra who talks herself back and forth over decisions!)

2 Likes

Wow! This is amazing. I honestly thought it was a sticker from the thumbnail. It’s so crisp and neatly done! Phenomenal job!!

2 Likes

This is great! Awesome stitching! I need one that says, "I’m a Leo. #sorrynotsorry "

2 Likes

This is so strikingly graphic and so fun!

1 Like

Wow! Excellent stitching & colour choices. That looks great, funny too :smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Your stitching is so perfect! I thought it was printed at first.

1 Like