Soul of the sea shawl

Hi all,

So I LOVE gradient yarn cakes and I mostly use the Whirl from the brand Scheepjes, which is a Dutch brand.
This cake fits the shawl perfect, if I may say so myself.

This colour is Turquoise Turntable and the pattern is from โ€œThe guy with the hook, Soul of the sea. Pattern on ravelry

I altered the last rows a bit to use up more of the yarn and to use enough of the last colour. I love my new shawl and hope you do too!

Thanks for looking :orange_heart:

19 Likes

This is just gorgeous!

1 Like

Woa, that was fast :joy: Thanks, it was fun to make!

1 Like

The gradient is so pretty, and the pattern is full of interesting details! This looks like a fun project to work up.

2 Likes

It really is stunning! And good call to adapt the pattern, I think it does look better this way.

2 Likes

Very beautiful shawl!

2 Likes

Thanks! It was such fun to make.:orange_heart:

1 Like

Beautiful! I have a ball of their yarn, this pattern looks perfect for it? How did you alter it?

2 Likes

That gradient is just right for this shawl. So pretty!

1 Like

Beautiful. The color is delicious.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning. I love the colorway!

1 Like

Want want want want want! Grabby hands! I love this so much.

1 Like

I added two rows of the bows, lengthen my stitches of the next row (SC to HDC and HDC to DC) Last row I added was trial and error. I played with adding backpost stitches, a SC but as a BPSC. Not exactly a backpoststitch, but in between the previous stitches to add some hight to the last row.

I hope it makes sense and you understand. I tried to use stitches that were already used and matches the pattern. I am pleased with the result.

Thanks all for your nice comments :orange_heart:

Lovely! Iโ€™m a fan of Scheepjes yarn

2 Likes

Thank you! Oh yes, me too :orange_heart:

1 Like

Gorgeous!!!

1 Like

This is just beautiful!

1 Like

Beautifully done. I love the soft blue and subtle ombre transition. The shaw looks so intricate and stunning! Itโ€™s like lace.

1 Like

Thank you :orange_heart:

I like the open, lace look of a shawl. The FPDC and BPDC gives it depth and were designed to make it look like waves.

So beautiful!!

2 Likes