Space Invaders Quilt

I made this quilt for my then-fiancé for Christmas 2016. :heart:

It’s not a very complicated design, just 2058 little squares …

It’s about 200cm x 170cm. I found some charts online of space invaders to cobble it together, and then chose some different tones of black, dark grey, and bright green fabrics to give it some visual interest. The quilting is just stitch in the ditch.

36 Likes

great pixelated effect! i love this.

1 Like

Now that is true love. Wow.

1 Like

Oh this is fabulous! And making me think I should do something similar in a C2C crochet !! :thinking: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Love it! :smiley:

1 Like

This is so amazing! I made one years ago, but I still remember how much work it was. Congrats!

3 Likes

Great job keeping those pixels all even, it looks great! :+1:t2:

1 Like

might not be complicated, but the number of squared!!!
Great job, I do like the quilt :smiley: really well designed.

1 Like

ha! Just! Well okay, then!

Great, persistent work!

1 Like

Love this! Did you do strip sets?

1 Like

Lovely! I think I have some space invaders fabric somewhere!

1 Like

OMG! That is amazing!

1 Like

Thanks everybody :smiley:

For the grey on grey portions I did some in strips. I assembled squares about the size of the invaders, and then joined them. For the invaders I cut them all as individual squares to assemble - I probably overthought the fabric arrangement, lol. I’m not a very experienced quilter, I tend to just make it up as I go along.

Reader, I married him :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love this pretty hard. It’s awesome! I’ve had an Space Invaders Quilt on the to make, bucket list for too long now, lol.

1 Like

Amazing! Pixel quilts are so cool and this may just be the coolest!

1 Like

This is really fun! And I can’t imagine doing stitch in the ditch if you did it around all the squares! Or if you even just did it around the green and some extra spots in the black/grey area. It’s really awesome.

1 Like

Thank you! I did the stitch in the ditch vertically in each row, so on the back it’s simple narrow-ish vertical lines. I did it on a regular domestic machine, so that was much easier than moving the fabric in different directions.

1 Like

This looks amazing and makes me want to consider making another quilt with my own charted pattern…hmmmm…:thinking:

1 Like

Goodness, talk about love. :open_mouth:

It’s really good, I can’t believe you had the patience.

1 Like

the mixture of greens definitely amp up the visual interest.
and stitching in all those ditches… WOW

1 Like