Sparkly Hemisphere Scarf

I crocheted this scarf using almost 3 cakes of yarn, which presented a challenge because of the very distinct stripes. Each time I changed cakes, I had to pull yarn from the center until I reached the correct colour, for one of them that meant removing half the cake, thankfully it connected in another place. It didn’t help that one of the cakes had a random colour change part way through.

To explain the title … the original Hobbii pattern was called Starlit Sky Scarf because the designer used their blue/green/purple yarn but I chose a different shade called Hemisphere, so had to change the name since this doesn’t look starlit.

It’s almost 6’ long

25 Likes

Beautiful and the colors are so vibrant!

3 Likes

It’s really pretty

3 Likes

It’s lovely! The colours are gorgeous and I adore the ‘open knit design’. (I don’t knit, so I have no idea what it’s actually called.)

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s actually crochet, which I forgot to say (fixed that now)

4 Likes

Vibrant colours are the best (she says even though her winter coat is black)

4 Likes

It’s beautiful!

3 Likes

Gorgeous!! Color matching the cakes was so worth it. Seamless!

3 Likes

Beautiful! I totally understand searching through a cake to find the right color transition! Most cakes are not put together the same way so it can be a challenge for sure. You did a lovely job making the colors play nicely!

I love the open crochet at the ends. I will have to look at that pattern to see how it is done.

4 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s a combination of dc and chains, it’s a very easy pattern really. The first 30 and last 30 rows are the open work, all the rows in between are a repeating 4 row pattern of single and double crochet stitches.

2 Likes

These are your colors for sure! Very pretty! You will be a bright spot amid gloomy days this winter!

2 Likes

Love the colors and that detailed stitching (is that what you call it?) at the end is so pretty! I like that it is so long too.

3 Likes

Very pretty, but annoying that you had to pull out all that yarn. It didn’t even matter if they were part of the same dye lot? Hm, I suppose it wouldn’t. Those cakes always look so pretty to me.

1 Like

Dye lot didn’t matter here, it’s the fact that one cake ended on a different colour than the next one started with. In the end I was able to use most of it, there are several joins in the last 20 rows to keep the colours proper.

4 Likes

:sun_behind_small_cloud: Congratulations! This little ray of sunshine is one of this week’s featured projects! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

3 Likes

Beautiful work! And the colors are so vibrant! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fabulous! That length will be so nice to wear.

2 Likes