Special Holiday Plate of Brownies!

PlateOfBrownEs04

PlateOfBrownEs01

Even though it’s technically spring, it’s still cold and sometimes snowy here, so it seemed like a a nice plate of brown Es would be a nice treat!

I didn’t really follow a recipe, just kind of added ingred-E-ents until I got the consistenc-E that felt right or until just a little while after I got tired of doing it.

PlateOfBrownEs03

HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY!

15 Likes

Wow you’re brave to wing the recip-E! They turned out great!

2 Likes

ha ha ha…what a fun plate, though!

1 Like

Cute!!! Someone had one Brown E at work cut from construction paper. Everyone went from extremely disappointed one minute to bring super excited to trick the next. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Funny plate! (And I notice your photo did have some brownies of the sugary kind, too.)

1 Like

:crazy_face: :wink:
THANKS everyone!

Sadly, the brown-Es are rather bland and way to crispE.

I do kind of wish that TheMisterT still went into an office so he could have take this in for yukz.

Well, I mean, I had to have something for the misleading thumbnail, right? :eyes:
They are a malted brownie recipe from a recent issue of Real Simple magazine which I just happened to receive. The light spots on the top are crushed malted milk balls and there is some malted milk powder in the batter, but not enough for either of our tastes.

4 Likes

Bwahahaha! Trick-E!

1 Like

Girl, you silly. This is fun.

1 Like

Thanks, pals!

Haha. My dad did this to my kiddos a few years ago (but had real brownies waiting since it would have ended with very sad 5 and 7 year olds). They still talk about it! I love that this is permanent.

Hehe! What a good dad-gag!