Spiced Candied Pecans
I’ve made these several times as Christmas gifts for family, friends, and co-workers.
4 cups pecan halves (I always do pecans, but you could also do almonds, walnuts, etc)
1 egg white
1.5 tablespoons water
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a jellyroll pan (15x10x1 inch). (You can line the pan with aluminum foil before buttering it, for easier cleanup.)
- Place nuts in a large bowl and set aside.
- Put egg white and water in a medium bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer at HIGH speed until egg white becomes frothy. (Maybe about 30 seconds?)
- By hand, stir in the sugar and spices. Pour over the nuts and stir until the nuts are well-coated.
- Spread the nuts out in a single layer on the buttered pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.
These are so crunchy and delicious! People who receive them often ask for the recipe.
The nuts are also delicious crumbled over ice cream.